Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III

Nprint :cycle through a field and send email to different receipant based on the field value

How to achieve cycling through a field and send email to different receipant based on the field value?

I have try the cycle option in the report but it will just keep running reports but not sending email to different users after each run. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I can see it as a set of 2 filters each filter would have to be created and associated with user

for each user you would use combination of:

1. required action =1 (which would be the same for each user)
  2. user email = Manager email

In publish Task you would add all users, but only those with filters resolving values would get report

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In NP 16 it is under Recipients in task submenu

see below:

1.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ronald,

There is no functionality in NPrinintg allowing you to cycle through fields and send reports to different people based on field value you cycle through!

There is however different functionality (exactly oposite what you are doing) but it will deliver the same required result:

• You can assign recipient filters to recipients so each user will get different report based on what are the assigned filters - details here and here and user filters 
    • lets assume you have field called FIELD1 and in this field you have values A,B,C,D,E,F
    • values A,C,D need to be cycled through and send to User 1
    • values B,E,F need to be cycled through and send to User 2
    • In Order to achieve this you have to create user filters where User 1 will have a Filter: Field1=A,C,D and User 2 will have filter Field1=B,E,F
    • Once you add bot users to publish task and add cycle funtionality through FIeld1 each user will receive their respective reports

If you need more detailed explanation i suggest you mock and provide screenshots and logic you need to apply - then we will be able to help you more

kind regards

Lech

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech,

So basically I want to make the recipient dynamic. as you can see from below, I only want to send email to manger with "required action" =1. so I will put a filter in Nprint where RequiredAction=1 and then cycle through the ManagerID. 

With each managerID selected, a html report will be produced with the image of the whole tab. then I will send the report to the associated manager email address.  

Do you think the above could be achived?

Capture.PNG

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I can see it as a set of 2 filters each filter would have to be created and associated with user

for each user you would use combination of:

1. required action =1 (which would be the same for each user)
  2. user email = Manager email

In publish Task you would add all users, but only those with filters resolving values would get report

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech,

So we can not loop through a task for values in a field to make the emailing process more dynamic?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ronald,

It is not possoible to do it in the way you are describing it.

Using approach i have described the process of email distribution is still dynamic, it just requires implementation of user filters on one side, on the other side you do not need loop anymore.

regards

Lech

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Lech,

I have done what you have described, eg: create user base filters and recipient. so how do i do the last step each configuring the Nprint so that the nprint will go through each of the user filter to generate the html report (which is ready) and send it to the only required recipient . 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You need to add all users you want to your publish task. Since there will be recipient filters NPrinitng will evaluate and apply filters for each recipient individually (it will just cycle throug all recipients, apply their respective filters and validate if the filters can be applied. For those users where filters cannot be applied because one of the conditions will not be met, report will not be sent.

btw. make sure recipient filters are created for NPrinting connection you use in this report as they are connection specific!

regards

Lech

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech,

I am using nprint16.2 and i can not seem to see user/group tab. is this only available in nprint17? thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

see below:

1.png