Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III

Nprint :cycle through a field and send email to different receipant based on the field value

How to achieve cycling through a field and send email to different receipant based on the field value?

I have try the cycle option in the report but it will just keep running reports but not sending email to different users after each run. 

12 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In NP 16 it is under Recipients in task submenu

see below:

1.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
npapapicco
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Lech, how can I get the same result using NPrinting 18 and 19? Need to generate report cycling on a field and then send the report to the recipient by email where the recipient=value of the field. thank you Nicola
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am not sure if i understand requirement or the method you are trying to apply. 

Assumption:

If your intend is to send report only to users who exist as a field value in  particular Qlik model and also filter reports based on this field association you can achieve it in 2 ways:

• create user based filters: user = user filter
  • or use section access and build section access security to cater for data reduction accordingly

We have discussed this topic on few ocasions already, for eaxample...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Nprinting-17-Multiple-filters-on-user-level...

Note - NPrinting does not have functionality to pick user from field and send report to this user. It has different functioanlity which will result in the same but requires different approach. It means that you take all users, associate with each user user filter and then generate report to all users based on their filters. If user filter returns empty set - report is not generated, else reports are generated with filters applied.

Please visit https:// help.qlik.com for more information regarding user and filter imports 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.