Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliklizzy
Creator II
Creator II

Nprint filter bookmarks or objects, how to?

Hi

I am using Nprint version 16.3, I have set up a couple of reports so my knowledge is very limited, I have done some youtube training and I'm on here a lot.

but I have a problem where I now want to do something more complex than inserting an image into a report....

In Qlikview I have a multi box drop down where I select a metric on my page;

Below this multibox is a chart object displaying the metric selected above.

I have this 6 times on the page so it’s like a dashboard

there is a menu on the page where you can filter various things.

This page is bookmarked on these 6 metrics I am monitoring with no filtering applied.

I use this page to the nfilter on a service and see how each service is performing however I want to send them their report monthly, hopefully using Nprint.

Can I produce this bookmark in Nprint on a page but then apply a filter on service? really cant see how to do it

If you cant use a bookmark can I bring through the objects separately (multibox and chart) and filter on them in terms of each multibox would need to filter that metric and then the whole dashboard would need a filter on the field service?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

What I understand from "I thought I could just add this bookmark to excel through Nprint." is that you want to add the whole QlikView sheet into the Excel template. It is supported in Qlik NPrinting 16, you need to search the object with the ID starting by SH and add it as an image.

If you don't want an image the only solution is to re-create all charts as native Excel charts.

"I have then added in a cycle so that this dashboard is produced for each service."

Ok, in this case you will have a different Excel file for each service.

If you want to have a single file for each recipient with a different dashboard for each service you can use Levels or Pages.

Then you create a Recipient for each manager, you add the correct filters for each manager and add all the managers to the task that sends the reports via email. Reports will be filtered.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

since you are using NPrinting 16.3 Bookmark filters are supported (however i am not sure if understood properly? Is your bookmark QlikView selection bookmark?)

Creating NPrinting Filters Based on Existing QlikView Bookmarks

The reason i am asking about that is because you said later that there are no selections! so is the bookmark applied or not?

some screenshot with steps you are taking to produce dashboard would be helpful.

I do nto see anything unusual in your requirement so it should all be possible as a combination of bookmark filter + any other filter....

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
qliklizzy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi thanks for responding

I have used filters as the bookmark set up on the page is only selecting the 6 metrics for the charts.

So I have brought in all chart objects into Excel set up as a dashboard like the page, using Nprint, and then filtered what I need in nrpint - I also set up cycles so a dashboard is produced for each service, these are all then dropped into a folder - is there any chance each service can be set up with an email as I don't want each service to receive 20 dashboards - just theirs.

thanks

Liz

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

First of all I suggest you to update your installation to latest version of the 16 serie to benefit of all solved bugs.

Second, your issue is not clear to me. Could you add some screenshots to better explain what do you want to have, what you are obtaining, how you are creating it, etc.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
qliklizzy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sorry

I have a user dashboard in Qlikview where they can select their own metrics - up to 6.  I have selected a certain 6 to measure against a target and bookmarked it.

QV optar.PNG

I thought I could just add this bookmark to excel through Nprint.

instead I have managed to add in all 6 chart objects into excel which is great and applied a filter on excluding some services.  I have then added in a cycle so that this dashboard is produced for each service.

it then puts each dashboard into a folder - however is it possible to send each dashboard to each service manager?

I don't want to send all 20 dashboards to all managers.

QV op cycle.PNG

thanks I hope I have explained myself better>?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

What I understand from "I thought I could just add this bookmark to excel through Nprint." is that you want to add the whole QlikView sheet into the Excel template. It is supported in Qlik NPrinting 16, you need to search the object with the ID starting by SH and add it as an image.

If you don't want an image the only solution is to re-create all charts as native Excel charts.

"I have then added in a cycle so that this dashboard is produced for each service."

Ok, in this case you will have a different Excel file for each service.

If you want to have a single file for each recipient with a different dashboard for each service you can use Levels or Pages.

Then you create a Recipient for each manager, you add the correct filters for each manager and add all the managers to the task that sends the reports via email. Reports will be filtered.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
qliklizzy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

you covered everything there thanks.

I will create a separate sheet to send them out separately - once set up it wont be onerous just automated

thanks

qliklizzy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi

Just a quick question – how do I filter recipient to the report? If all recipients are added to the task, I have all reports added to the task.. if I try add a new filter I can only add in field filters, variable filters or bookmarks?

Thanks

Thanks

Kind Regards

Liz

Liz Cliff | Deputy Information Manager

Business Intelligence | Moston Lodge

Countess of Chester Hospital NHS FT

•01244 364317 | @ elizabeth.cliff@nhs.net<mailto:elizabeth.cliff@nhs.net>

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The question is not clear to me.

I would to suggest you to add filters to the Users (the recipients added in the task).

For example if a user is a salesman you can create a filter for each that keeps only the sales of that specific salesman.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero