cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amaldgain
Partner - Contributor III

Nprinting 16.5 SR5 can't refresh object list

I make a new connection. Qlikview application open when I click OPEN from connection wizard. But when I click Refresh Object List. Application being Not Responding. And it take long time without any error message. Please help.  

Regards
Amal
8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

how big is this application?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
amaldgain
Author

5MB

Regards
Amal
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What is your QlikView viersion?

I assume it is only test application and it does not have section access or any other security?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
amaldgain
Author

It is 11.2 SR6 (server) and Qlikview 12 in my PC.

It is test application. I am able to open with password which I am set up in Nprinting.

Regards
Amal
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well, in this case you are running "unsupported" configuration.

Couple of questions:

• where is NPrinting designer installed?
  • what type of connection you are using qvp or local?
  • can you downgrade to QlikVIew 11.2 SR (same as server)?

You need NPrinting 16.6 to run with QlikView 12. I would actualy recommend to use the same QlikView (SR) version for both: Server and Designer when used with NPrinting.

I am not sure whether this can be a problem but i would suggest to starte with supported setup and then troubleshoot if there are still issues.

If you want to stay with QlikView 12.X upgrade your NPrinting to 16.6 (but read below articles before)

cheers

Lech

see this for more details:

Qlik Sense 3.2.3 AND QlikView NPrinting 16.6 now available

QlikView 12.10 Service Release 5 out now

mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Amal,

I had the same problem when using v12 client to connect to server v11.2. Downgrading the Client to 11.2 solved the problem.

Generally the client and server should have the same version (but from my experience the SR does not matter).

BR,

Matus

amaldgain
Author

Nprinting Designer install in client and using qvp. No, didn't downgrade as of now.

Regards
Amal
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

as mkelemen‌ said, a i have expected try to go for supported setup (version between server, desktop and NPrinting)

regards

Lech