cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nprinting 16 - Pixel Perfect table report how to set table borders

Dear all,

I try to create a Pixel Perfect table report which one header row on the first page and data rows on the following Pages.
The screenshot shows my Pixel Perfect report.

report.JPG

I set the borders on the header row on the left, top and right and on the data row I set the borders to "All" (left, top, right and down).

The result is, that the created pdf-output has a wider border between each data row as between the header row and the first row. 

The below Screenshot shows the report with 100% zoom.

100%.JPG

When zooming to e.g. 125% the borders are displayed partly as double borders too.

My question is, how must the borders set to get an well formed table output?
I tried already to set the borders by using formatting rules. But unfortunately I'm not able get the first row of each page to set there an individual table border.

Thank you n advance for your comments!

Best regards,
Claus

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Move the table header in an upper details band.

In the group header insert only a line and set to repeat the group header to every page.

Remove the bottom header border and the details upper border.

Refer to the attached image.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Set all borders on the header and remove the upper border on table rows.
I suggest also to repeat the table header on every page.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruggero,

many thanks for your reply!

Your suggestion would work for sure!

But due to that the header row is multiline (up to four lines per column) I would prefer to have the header row only on the first page. The complete report has already over 70 pages.

Is there maybe a possibility to use formatting rules to set individual borders for the first row of each page?

Many thanks in advance,

Claus

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Move the table header in an upper details band.

In the group header insert only a line and set to repeat the group header to every page.

Remove the bottom header border and the details upper border.

Refer to the attached image.

Best Regards,
Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's exactly what I need!

Many tanks for your support, the solution works perfect for me!

Best regards,
Claus