Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oehmemat
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting 16: Report Filters overrides Recipient Filter

Hi Community,

my report in NPrinting 16 uses Recipient Filters and Report Filters. Cycling is activated and uses the Field that is set by the Recipient Filter. (One Report per Recipient)

Lately I had an issue that the Report filters overrides the recipient Filters and because of the (missing) data, the selection of the Recipient Filter was deleted and cycling was done for all of the existing Values in the field. The data was cleaned up, but I want to prevent it in the future

What came to my mind is to set the Filter for the field used in the recipient Filter in the report filter instead, but then it has to be dynamically.

Is there a way to set a report filter dynamically by an attribute of the Recipient?  Any other ideas how to solve this?

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

About Qlik NPrinting 16 filters refer to https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/QlikView-NPrinting-16-Tutorials-Filters-Cycle....

"Filters are applied in a specific order: Task filters are applied first, then Recipient filters, and finally Report filters. " from https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/How-to-Create-Static-and-Dynamic-Filters-Base...

So if you filter the same field in two places they are applied in sequence, like when in QlikView Desktop you click two times in sequence on the same field.

Note also that in Qlik NPrinting 16 there is the Verify Filter option. 

Verify filter: this will do two things:

a) If a filter with Verify filter is applied and the resulting data set is empty, then NPrinting will not generate a report. This can be used to do conditional reporting.

b) If a filter without Verify filter is applied, NPrinting try to select values that not exist in the .qvw. In this case QlikView enables all values so NPrinting will generate a report with the unfiltered dataset. For instance, if you filter for France and 2013 but there were no sales in France in 2013, NPrinting will create a report with sales on all other countries.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.