cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Nprinting 16 vertical alignment

I m trying to generate a html report using a Straight Table and I have set vertical alignment option for dimension in Straight Table and using Keep Source Format check box checked in Designer. But when I preview I dont see the text aligned Center vertically. I cant use pure HTML style for this because I need to achieve the alternate row coloring in email body. Can someone help me how to achieve vertical alignment with Keep source format checked.

Nprinting Version : 16.3.0.0 (SR3)

Qlikview Version : 12.0.20300.0 SR4

Thanks,

Rakul.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting does its best effort to keep the original QlikView or Qlik Sense formats when the option Keep source format is enabled. Best effort means that sometimes the result could not be perfect.

With HTML reports note that:

- the rendering result could change on different browsers. If you embed an HTML report into an email body the result could depend on the email client used to visualize it

- you can uncheck the Keep source format option and manually add custom formatting in the HTML report source code

- you can link an external CSS

Another alternative is to insert the original table as an image into the HTML report.

PS I suggest you to keep your installation aligned with latest version, 16.6 in this case. There are a lot of bugs fixed.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi

AFAIk,

Nprinting is only based on the template ,Qlik only provides the data  into templates

the designing and all we need to do  on Excel,PPT,PDF   ...

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting does its best effort to keep the original QlikView or Qlik Sense formats when the option Keep source format is enabled. Best effort means that sometimes the result could not be perfect.

With HTML reports note that:

- the rendering result could change on different browsers. If you embed an HTML report into an email body the result could depend on the email client used to visualize it

- you can uncheck the Keep source format option and manually add custom formatting in the HTML report source code

- you can link an external CSS

Another alternative is to insert the original table as an image into the HTML report.

PS I suggest you to keep your installation aligned with latest version, 16.6 in this case. There are a lot of bugs fixed.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Ruggero,

Thanks for your reply. Styling through external CSS works fine and well unless we hook it up to email body. The one feature that CSS cant handle with outlook is n-th child function. I badly want that alternate coloring of rows. Please let me know if you have any suggestion.

Thanks,

Rakul

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I did some searches and I was not able to find an alternative to nth-child function, sorry.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero