cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scott_simmons
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Nprinting 17 - How to send to multiple users in one email

I have a report that goes to over 50 people, instead of sending one email to everyone in the group(blows up our smtp server to send all at once), I would like to send one email to all 50.  In Nprinting 16, we could make a user who's email contained a list of emails, this isn't possible in 17.  So how does one make this happen?

9 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

create a dummy user in NPrinintg (say: distribution.list1@blahblah) and send report from NPrinitng only to this user.

Then in your SMTP server configure distribution list to forward all emails from  distribution.list1@blahblah to your recipients)

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
balabhaskarqlik

May be like this:

One option is:

Just add into one recipient the addresses separated by comma.

like: addr1@test.com,addr2@test.com,...It's for static recipients.

If the recipient list is dynamic, then you will need to schedule a Recipient Import before the Report Task.

If your recipient list is in a QVW, in NPrinting 17.x you can build a chart in the QVW, with the relevant information and import the recipients directly from the chart.

Now combine these two approaches - export recipients with concatenated addresses (one recipient per group) and import these.

scott_simmons
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

I do not have the rights to change the SMTP server on the Network.

I am using Nprinting 17 and it doesn't allow you to import from a file. Below is the error message

Can not create the new user because their email is invalid. ERROR message : Import task execution failed. No data was saved.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Scott,

What you are saying about NPrinting not allowing you to import users from Excel is not true. NPrinting does allow import from Excel. Error you get only means that you are doing a mistake somewhere - where? - let's have a look...

The official help document provides a template of how users load template needs to look like. You CANNOT CHANGE its structure as it will not work. Also you need to understand what you are doing when importing new users. (For example - if you are trying to load a user who is admin user / NPrinitng service account you might get error as NPrinting will prevent this user from being updated by external load since potentialy it could locke out the NPrinting environment).

It is likely you are not population all required fields or you are making some mistake in user entries.

Your error suggest that email address is not valid. This can mean that you are for example loading the same email address for multiple users, and obviously it is an error since email address should be distinct on user import list.

On the other hand if you don't have access to your smtp - i am sure someone else does..maybe try to contact an admin?

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
scott_simmons
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Let me clarify, it does allow me to import from a file.  However, it doesn't allow me to import a record in the file that has more than one email in the email field(i.e. a comma separated list or semicolon separated list).

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I see - this is because like i said email address needs to be distinct  and valid as it plays role of distinct user id.

Coma separated emails are not allowed!

You can however put multiple emails manually in CC section in Publish task, else i you are left with sugested above options

regards

Lech

dillerja
Contributor II
Contributor II

What we ended up doing for this was to have the report send to just one recipient (one of our Qlik Admins) and then in the Publish task on the Email Message tab in the 'To' field change the selection to 'Selected users and CC/BCC'.  Upon selecting that option you are shown the CC and BCC fields.  In those fields you can add a semicolon separated list of recipients.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Jack is Correct - that is exactly what i suggested as a workaround...