Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rqat
Partner - Contributor III

Nprinting 17 - Multiple filters on user level for different reports

Hi all!

I'm having some issues understanding how to overcome a "problem" in Nprinting 17. Example:

If I have a user that's going to receive say 3 different reports from the same template and containing the same object but with different publish tasks from the same application that holds Sales, Invoice and Purchase and I want Nprinting to apply different filters to this user depending on what kind of report it is.

I'll add filters on user level for Todays Sales, Yesterdays invoice and this months purchase from the same date-table, so this user now have a total of 3 filters. Is there any way possible now to instruct Nprinting what filters should be applied to what publish task? If there's only one user I can just apply the filters on the task level but if I have several users that use different filters this is not possible.

So the issue is when I want one user to receive different reports from the same application while applying different filters on user level so I don't disturb any other user reports.

I have a work around that's quite complex with 3 different import tasks that updates the users filters in between the publish tasks so that the filters on user level only contain 1 value and then updates after every import. Does anyone know some easier solution to this? I've tried using "override values" but then only the last filter in the hierarchy is applied since Np17 don't know on what task the filters should be applied to.

Kind regards,

R

13 Replies
Rqat
Author

Hi again,

I just want to hear if there's something new on the roadmap that someone has heard about regarding this issue. I find that making several connections like this is a little bit clunky and would love to have some kind of filter cycle or similar. Do you still resolve these issues with this method or have you found something new?

Regarding your question Sujeet, Yes I believe so!

Kind regards,

Robert

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi

I would not expect different approach in this area. It works and it works as designed.

I am not aware of anything new in this area or anything on the roadmap

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Rqat
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks for the quick response, always nice with a guru in Nprinting

I feel like this solution, in a big envoirnment, will be VERY clunky. For example I had a report that I transferred from np16 to np17 recently where they filtered the report on a user level meaning they imported 4 of the same user for the report to filter in 4 different ways (same report structure etc just different office's).

In nprinting17 you need to have a unique email adresses and hence this is not possible. So the concluision here is that I have to create 4 different connections to 4 different reports and 1 task maybe just to have the report filtered 4 different ways to the same user? Doesn't that mean my web console will  be flooded with connections, reports etc? Or have I missed something?

Kind regards,

Robert

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I agree, It can become clunky...

On the other hand. If you are sending the same template report just with different selections to users maybe you would be able to create a grouping dimension which effectively would be set of filters for a recipient in qlik app and on nprinitng side you could then cycle through this dimension?

This might seem like pulling a leg, but i thought i would also throw this idea - as in some instances it might be helpful.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.