Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SanthoshEmmadi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting 17: Unable to get the login/authentication screen on Web Console

Hi All,

I am unable to get the login/authentication screen as shown in the below screen shot when I use the NPrinting 17 Web Console URL.

Screenshot_2018-08-02 Qlik NPrinting.png

I have checked all the NPrinting Services on the server and all of them are running without any issues.

I even restarted the server and tried but the issue still continues.

Can anyone let me know what could be the issue and how to resolve this.

Thanks

Santhosh

8 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

From your screenshot we cannot understand what browser are you using.

What browser and operative system are you using?

Can you try with a different browser?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
SanthoshEmmadi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I am using Firefox and the Qlikview NPrinting is installed on our Windows Server Machine.

It was working fine for a while and now I don't get the login screen. I get the following screen when I use the url: https://qlikview:4993/#/dashboard

I have also tried with Chrome and IE, but it did not work.

NPrinting.PNG

After restarting all the Nprinting Services I get the login screen but with the following message on the top of the Login box. (You must be logged in to access this part of the application.)

NPrinting2.PNG

Hope the above information gives you a better idea of the issue.

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Santhosh

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Good news.

Now you can login by inserting your credentials or by clicking the Windows login button.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
SanthoshEmmadi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

I have installed the new NPrinting June 2018 release and everything started to work as normal.

But I don't know what caused the issue where it showed blank login page.

Regards,

Santhosh

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I don't know the cause too. It was the first time we saw a similar issue.

If it will appears again please open a support ticket with all the details so we can deeper investigate.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
SanthoshEmmadi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Thanks for update. I will log a support ticket if the issue reoccurs.

Thank you very much for your assistance so far.

Kind Regards,

Santhosh

andriesb
Creator II
Creator II

I had a similar experience. For me it seems to be caused because I moved my qlikview server and the installed Qlikview desktop on the NPrinting server still had a lease/connection to the (offline) old server.

It seems to be solved by connecting and opening a document from the new server ('open in server' option from qliview desktop)

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please avoid commenting 5 years old conversations. Start a new one, instead, with all the details we need to understand your problem including the Qlik NPrinting version.

If the new QlikView server has a new address you must change all the connections and the cache reload must end successfully. QlikView Desktop installed in all Qlik NPrinting Engines must be at the same version of the server and have an active license as documented in the help site. Leased licenses could cause intermittent stops.

QlikView server can't be installed on the same computer as the Qlik NPrinting Server or Engine.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero