Partner - Creator

Nprinting 17 freezes when adding any object

Hello evereyone,

I have a Nprinting 17 excel report that runs perfectly every day

I can:

- open the excel template

- add objects (tables, variables, etc) in the left panel in nprinting designer

- edit the excel cell and layout

- visualize the excel report with the generated data from my tables that were there when this report were created

It turns out that now I need to add new tables to it.

I can add the table object in the left panel, but when I drag this object to excel layout, it freezes all the nprinting designer.

This also heppens if I try to add a simple variable

I tried to create a new report with the same connection, and I could drag and add the objects

Any clue about that?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
igorgois_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I dont know why, but when a removed all the tabs and created them again with the same table objects, it worked!!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As you are stating it is happening on version 17 i assume you are doing this in version 17.0 initial release - right?

I suggest first to upgrade to version NPrinintg February 2018 or maybe wait few days and then upgrade straight to version April 2018.

Make sure that your Engine, Server and Designer are upgraded / running the same version!

If the issue still persist can you try exporting your report and importing it as a new report? Steps to follow here:

Nprinting Feb 2018 Create html report template

let us know how it goes.

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
igorgois_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Im using the November 2017 version.

I exported the report and then reimported it in a new report. I got the same issue.

In this imported one, I deleted all my tabs (where my data tables from qlik sense are loaded) and added and dragged a new table... and the error/freezing status is gone

now i am testing if there is a specific tab that is causing this or the problem is with the number of tabs (there are 44)

thanks in advance

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Igor,

I would to suggest you to upgrade to April 2018 to benefit of all solved bugs.

Then try to reproduce the issue. If it appears again, please check the logs and look if there are some specific error messages.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
igorgois_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello, Ruggero

I just upgraded to Nprinting april18 and still got the same freezing issue.

Any clue about that?

Thanks in advance

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Do you have some useful error messages in the log files?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
igorgois_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

No

Which log am I supposed to see something?

When it freezes, nothing appears in:

nprinting_webengine

nprinting_webengine_dev

nprinting_engine

nprinting_scheduler

igorgois_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I dont know why, but when a removed all the tabs and created them again with the same table objects, it worked!!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Looks like your initial file was corrupted or had some unsupported elements in it (maybe part of legacy). Anyway - quite unusual topic and i am glad you have solved it.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.