Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xiuur2508
Contributor
Contributor

Nprinting 18 - Condition won't works

Hello,

I m migrating from nprinting 16 to nprinting 18.
Everything works fine, i can generate report.

In nprinting 16 i used conditions : if variable > 10 then you choose this report, if not you choose this report. 

I can't do this in Nprinting 18 with the same condition (copy/past)

It's like nprinting 18 checked one time the condition and not at each report.

I need a condition that is checked at every report generation. For each id, i need to verify the condition to choose the report.
Is it still possible in nprinting 18?

16 Replies
xiuur2508
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The condition has to be checked for each cycle.

Here is my variable maybe it's too complex:
=count ( DISTINCT {$<germe_classe -= {'*nc*'}, BAC_MAT_CAT={'*DIG*', 'RESP*', 'SYST*', 'AUTR*'}>} SC),,

When i put my variable in a textbox and when i select an id (id is my cycle). It shows 1.
My condition : variable > constant 9.

Why the report is generated ? it's not in the range. i don't understand

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I will tag an expert here:

Ruggero rpc‌ - what is the easiest way of having it working? Condition check on cycle would be ideal, but i do not think it is designed to do this now.

I know i could check my condition during load script and flag those records during script reload - this would my solution, but - is there anything better than that, anything smarter?

appreciate your efforts to answer this question!

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can add a report condition in Qlik NPrinting 17+. It will be evaluated for each report generation with related filters.

Evaluating when variable > 10 is supported by Qlik NPrinting 17+ conditions.

Variable greater then.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ruggero,

i have done this for testing and my observation was that indeed condition is checked for report without cycle, and not  when used with Cycle functionality on each cycle field value.

so like in your example you have vTotal sales > 250000. Lets assume you want to cycle through Dim1 field and have following report:

Dim1, Sales

A, 200000

B, 260000

C, 270000

You would expect to get only report for B&C since condition for A is not met, but currently i will get report for all 3 Dim1 values.

My question was: Does condition feature in NPrinting support "conditional check" for each individual cycle selection or is it evaluated once for whole data set before cycling even starts?

appreciate your help

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Flo,

I am also in the verge of migrating from 16 to NP April 2018. We have close to 300+ reports and task associated.

Just wanted to know your experience in migration. We do have the report template export option in v16, but my understanding is it doesn't bring in the filters, tasks, receipts along with it. So it is to be done manually now.

Any info would be really great!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Suman - Since this topic is focused on different matter please create your own discussion regarding migration query.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Lech,

You are right, I misunderstood.

A report condition is evaluated before to start the cycle and with the applied filters. If the condition is passed all the reports for all values of the cycle are generated.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure Lech.

Just started a new discussion thread.

Thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ruggero rpc - Implementing condition withing the cycle would be a great feature. If possible could you please suggest this as a feature request to R&D as this  is very often rising question on community and would solve quite a lot of issues i think.

by the way - is there any space on community where we can Vote for features?

thanks

Lech