Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsobrinho
Creator
Creator

Nprinting 19 Feb 2019 Low Image Quality

Hi guys,

I'm building a report with ppt template with chart images from Qlikview document, but the image quality is low.

I already check Include Caption and Border > Chart and Table Box

I already adjust Clipboard zoom to 400%

Not working yet.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @jsobrinho 

I am familiar with that technique. I've also noted that when it doesn't work, its generally due to those changes not being done while logged on as the NP Engine service account user. 

If you haven't already done so,

• log onto the NP engine computer as the NP service account
  • edit the user settings in the QV desktop while logged on as the NP service account as needed
  • Restart the NP engine service and retry

Image Quality can also be managed from the NPrinting Publish Task as well. See the following link  and section Adding a report to a task for details: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/MonitorKi...

Adding a report to a task
Do the following:

• Go to the Reports tab, and click Add report.
  • Select a report from the Choose report drop-down list.
  • Select a report format from the Output format drop-down list.
  • Select image resolution from the Quality drop-down list

Please also have a look at this link as well in case it is of use to you in achieving improved image output:  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Image-quality.h...

Hope this helps to resolve the image quality issue that you are experiencing.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
jsobrinho
Creator
Creator
Author

First of all,

Thank you for your answer.

I already tried this, I logged in NP engine Server, open a new QVW and edit the properties, later I restart the NP engine services, later I reload metadata and edit template and I ran the task, but my charts/pivot table shows the blurred numbers when I zoom in on the page

jsobrinho
Creator
Creator
Author

@Frank_S 

I checked now when I did logoff in the server and opened again, the properties were unchecked. It's normal? Maybe this is the problem?

Frank_S
Support
Support

To be abundantly honest, I am not certain as to what you mean exactly when you say:

@jsobrinho wrote:

I checked now when I did logoff in the server and opened again, the properties were unchecked. It's normal? Maybe this is the problem?

Please add images showing your work so we can better understand exactly what this statement means. Also, as mentioned in my original response, you MUST be logged in to the NP server/engine computer AS the NPrinting Service user account when making the user preference changes on the 'Export' tab in the QV desktop that is installed on the NP Server/Engine computer. You should NOT be logged in with your own login user account when you make the changes. 

I suggest that if you feel there is a persistent problem with image quality and you are using the most recent versions of NPrinting ie: Feb. 2019 SR 1 or later, I suggest starting a support case. This since we have fixed many image quality issue in more recent versions of NPrinting.

Note that NPrinting 2019 April Release is now available for download from the Qlik Support downloads site via the following link. Qlik Support

Hopefully this will guide you to the solution you need.

Kind regards...

NOTE: The QV desktop of the NPrinting Engine/Server computer needs to be the same version of QV that is install on the QlikView server.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
jsobrinho
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry, I was logged in with the SERVICE USER ACCOUNT, I am now with USER ACCOUNT, and the marker is retained.
I'm also testing, increasing the font, like 14, and minimizing the object in Nprinting for a better view.
I noticed that the quality in Preview is different when the report is generated and sent by email, in Preview the final quality of the report is not shown.