Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Nprinting API to Trigger Publish Task and Apply Filters of Current selection

Hi,

has anyone ever found a solution to start an NPrinting publish task with additionally applying the current selections of the current Qlik Sense app?

I found the post of how to get the current selections of an app:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Using-NPrinting-API-in-QlikSense-GET-Filter...

And the post how to trigger an Nprinting  task after script reload:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Documents/Distribute-NPrinting-reports-after-reloading-a-Ql...

But how can I combine those two things within one API call?

Is there a way?

In NP16 that was possible.

Regards.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No - there is no API for that. 

On Demand report delivery meant to be a tool to produce report to the person who triggers it and for that you have OnDemand functionality in both QlikView and Qlik Sense extension object which delivers report.

I know that it triggers report (not task) , but obviously the NPrinting 16 and 17+ are now completely different tools and they work differently. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No - there is no API for that. 

On Demand report delivery meant to be a tool to produce report to the person who triggers it and for that you have OnDemand functionality in both QlikView and Qlik Sense extension object which delivers report.

I know that it triggers report (not task) , but obviously the NPrinting 16 and 17+ are now completely different tools and they work differently. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

hi Lech,

thank you for your fast reply!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

One more comment - you build your own solution around it though by applying following logic

NPrinitng setup:

• In NPrinting create report and task
  • Create a sample filter and add it to task
  • Create a group and add it to the task

Solution:

This is make shift solution but it is possible... There are few components and moving parts but it is possible with fair a bit of coding.