Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nprinting April 2018 Cache status Error

Hi,

I've got Nprinting April 2018,

I made three successful connections, how ever I'm trying to do third connection that's ends up all the time with an error.

the connection status is succesful.

my server has 32 GB RAM, and my QlikSense app weights around 10GB.

Any idea to solve that's issue?

10 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Jacob!

when you create connection and click on verify connection - are all checks done and OK?

Please provide a screenshot of it.

go to help.qlik.com and search for how to turn on DEBUG mode for logs in NPrinitng and turn it on. Then try to re-generate connection and gather logs.

Once we have logs we will be able to say more.

From information you provided currently there is not much we can do.

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thanks for the help - verify connections are all good.

will do DEBUG mode and send the logs.

many thanks

jacob

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Also few other things

Qlik Sense and Qlik NPrinitng MUST be installed on different boxes

So what are the specs of both?

When you are running Metadata generation - can you RDP to Qlik Sense server and see what happens with its CPU and RAM? Since your app is quite big (10GB) i would assume it will be spiking high with RAM usage.

Is there any way you could limit data in app and retry?

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

1 - Be sure to satisfy all the requirements https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/Connect-t...

2 - as per Lech suggestions run and post the screenshot of the connection verification

3 - post the whole logs of the Qlik NPrinting Server at the moment you run the cache creation

4 - other connections to different apps on the same Sense server are working? If yes, check the resources usage of the two servers during the cache generation. If there is a lack of resources increase them or create a Sense app only for reporting with the minimum of the data to anwer reporting needs.

5 - remember that a Qlik NPrinting Server can create connections only to a single Qlik Sense server due to a certificates limitation. So be sure that all you Sense apps are on the same Sense Server. If not the run verification should show a certificate error.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help,

QS and NP installed on different machines.

when I'm running metadata generation the CPU and the RAM are not spiked, and hardly move.

I have two QS applications one of them contains only the data model and the second one data model + UI.

I succeed to connect NP to the data model application.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Jacob

This is very strange - I would imagine that CPU and RAM on QLIK SENSE machine will spike up since you need to connect/open big Qlik Sense document!

Were you monitoring Qlik Sense machine resources or NPrinitng machine resources?

My other questions my seem silly but it all matters:

• What is your UI app like?
  • Does it have any extensions objects
  • How long does it load when you access it from Qlik Sense Hub
  • How long does it take to calculate objects on each Qlik Sense sheet?
  • Is the Model APP and MODEL+UI App in the same stream?
    • If not - what are the security rules around streams - do the include permissions for NPrinitng account?
    • I know that NPrinting service account is Root Admin and should have access to everything but - "it does not harm checking"
  • Does UI app have section access or any security rules applied to it?

Observations:

• 32 GB of RAM is not much, given that your data set is big
  • The other important factor is How many CPU's do you have. I would imagine at minimum 16-32 cores on Qlik Sense machine?

Like Ruggero said - it is all down to hardware, resources or smart app management to come to right solution.

with the information provided - we cant really help you more.

cheers

Lech

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thanks for the detailed advice and ideas.

I found a the log file that the problem is with one of the objects.

Didn't found the object ID at the app nor at the QMC,

Started to delete sheets and objects, till I found out that one sheet is problematic,

I deleted it, and added the same objects on the new sheet, and know the connection is working.

the wonders of NP.

Thanks.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am glad you got it working.

And i agree - wit NPrinitng everything needs to be "perfect" - there is not room for errors

Did you know if there was maybe an extension or unsupported object on the sheet which could cause the issue? I believe that it was not an original Qlik Sense object.

cheers

Lech

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

well I have an extension in the application which was the immediate suspect, but I don't use it on the problematic sheet.

My thought, that I had one dimension in the master item which was empty [Deleted it of course], maybe in the past one of the objects made use of him or something like it.