cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suepenick
Creator
Creator

Nprinting April 2019 version 19.9.5 User Filters

We just converted from the old Nprinting to the new web version April 2019 19.9.5 this Sept 2019.  Filters were defined by Connection, you added users  and their filters in the task.  Now all the filters are in the user set up.  Do we need to redefine our filters to go across every single report / file  instead of by connection now...it seems with the filters set in the user - they are not getting reports any more.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @suepenick 

Can you clarify so that we fully understand what you mean by 'old' version of NPrinting.

There are old versions of NPrinting web based from 2015 ie: NP 17.x.x

Do you man the client/server NPrinting 16?

If so, please see the migration document here which explains that only reports are migrated and that everything else must be manually updated. 

Migrating from NPrinting 16 to NPrinting 17+

Hope this helps...
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
suepenick
Creator
Creator
Author

we bought Nprinting before Qlik bought the company... i.e. not the web version.

suepenick
Creator
Creator
Author

I am trying to understand how filtering works in the new web version.

it seems to not really work by the Report - more on the whole install...so if the field names are not exactly the same in every single QVW the filtering excludes the user from getting the report.

if that is how it works - I just need to change the filtering set up for everything.

in the old software you could filter by connection so it didn't matter what the field was called in any other connection.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@suepenick 

Yes, the way filters are configured are vastly different than NP 16 (and lower versions.)

For more information about filter rules and configuration, see https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynamic-f...

Here is a link regarding user setup and applying user filters . 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/Recipients&Users/Create-users-filte...

Here are some distribution help links that mention how to configure and automate report distribution.

Publishing reports

Lastly, I suggest having a look that this link below as well as it contains information about video tutorials and other resources to help you with getting up to speed on the NPrinting platform you are now working with.

Qlik NPrinting 17 + Platform Training Resources

If you wish, additionally, we can put you in touch with your Qlik Account manager who can work with you to arrange a training consulting engagement. This would be a paid service if you should so request it.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!