Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gr_eldred
Creator II
Creator II

Nprinting Backup Access Denied

hi,

I have a problem when generating a backup of Nprinting.
Before I could generate the backup without problem.
Now it tells me that I have access denied.

Qlik NPrinting February 2019 SR1 Version: 19.0.4.0

Can somebody help me

Thanks

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Check these two points:

• Ensure there is no NP_backup.zip file currently in your c:\NPrintingBackups folder. The backup cannot proceed if that file already exists
  • Ensure that you have enough diskspace on your computer. You may need to perform a system cleanup to remove old temp files and logs to open up more disk space.
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Be sure to open the command prompt as an administrator (refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Backing-up...). Maybe you opened it as a user without rights to write files in the destination folder.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
gr_eldred
Creator II
Creator II
Author

hi,

Thanks, 

I already verified the points that you commented to me but it is not yet solved.

Is there anything else I can do?

Rprint
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

You might want to remove that png since you have your pg password in clear text in the toolbar of the cmd.

Also, make sure you're logged in as the service account user and open cmd as admin.

/R

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It is better to change the password at this point. 

If you recently upgraded your Qlik NPrinting installation, check the folder %ProgramData%\NPrinting. There should be a backup before and after each upgrade. If they exists it means that the backup procedure works. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.