Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vinn_Qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Nprinting - Cache generating multiple times through script

Hi ALL,

We have Nprinting reports, Generate connection cache shows the status as completed, but it wont publish the report and again it will start generate connection cache automatically.

Qlik NPrinting September 2018 SR2 - Version: 18.29.9.0

Qlik Sense November 2018 patch 3 - qliksense server 12.44.5

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

I have already given you link to my blog and repository

https://nprintingadventures.com

you need to configure it on your end

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I have never heard of such behaviour so i suspect it is something you have in your setup. 

• Do you have any triggers setup on connection metadata reload
  • do you use any scripts, like RestFull API to trigger reports?

we need a lot more information to help as your description is to generic to answer such unusual behaviour

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Connection cache can be triggered to be regenerated automatically, so check if you have defined a trigger.

Then please supply more details so we can better understand the problem .

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Vinn_Qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks for the Quick response. Please find the below inline comments for more details.

• Do you have any triggers setup on connection metadata reload    

No , there are no triggers setup in Nprinting 

• do you use any scripts, like RestFull API to trigger reports?

Yes , we are publishing reports through scripts ( REST API ) only. 

Issue : We are triggering the reports through script. It is scheduled/run in QMC, on few occasions ( Generate connection cache - task in nprinting  ) is getting triggered multiple times but publish report is triggered only once.I have attached screenshot here for reference. 

Kindly share your feedback. Thanks again for prompt response.

Vinn_Qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Thanks for the Quick response.  

No , there are no triggers setup in Nprinting. We are triggering/publishing reports through scripts, like RestFull API  only. 

Issue : We are triggering the reports through script. It is scheduled/run in QMC, on few occasions ( Generate connection cache - task in nprinting  ) is getting triggered multiple times but publish report is triggered only once.I have attached screenshot here for reference. 

Kindly share your feedback. Thanks again for prompt response.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Its your script issue then not nprinting issue. 
share your script so we can see what you are doing wrong. 

you can also try using my library. Check it out on https://nprintingadventures.com

Vinn_Qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi ,

Thanks for sharing the above link.

Please find the attached qvf file which we are using to trigger the reports.  Please not that Issue is not occurring on daily basis, it is intermittent. In recent times, it is occurring very often.  Could you validate the script and help us. Meanwhile, I will go through my library.

Regards,

Ravi

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

there is nothing in your scriptwhat would indicate why reload metadata task is running so many times. You may want to look also at your script log.

As an alternative you may want to use my library.

The other comment is - why are you reloading metadata wit every task run? Do you use LOCAL QlikView connection as source of your report? If not I would simply remove it from the script.

cheers

Lech

Vinn_Qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks

Could you please provide the updated script. So that will run and check if we are able to reproduce the issue at our end.

Thanks 

Ravi.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

I have already given you link to my blog and repository

https://nprintingadventures.com

you need to configure it on your end