Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leonardo_sudo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting: Condition not working

Hi all, Hope someone can help 

- I am trying to create a simple condition on a task using NPrinting November 2018 Version.

- Estou tentando criar uma condição para uma tarefa no NPrinting, versão Novembro 2018

I have a simple variable ( QlikSense Nov/2018):

variable.JPG

Display:

variable1.png

Next, I have set up an nPrinting report and task because I want a report sent out only if certain conditions are met. ( If 1, then send else not send) So I set up a condition to do this as follows

variable2.png

And this's my trigger/condition:

variable3.png

So ,when the variable vValidaArea is greater than 0, then conditions are met (ie are true), so execute the task and send email.

But, is not working,  😞

variable4.png

In another attempt, I remove Condition os task and add tha variable vValidaArea in report. (Try Only)

Shows: 1, then conditions are met 

variable5.png

But, with condition, not working...

Someone please help me. 🙂

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

this comes down to a very simple understanding of how variables work. Your variable in Qlik Sense contains a string and at this stage is not evaluated. 
When you call this variable in any Qlik Sense Object you are passing this string into Expression and then it evalueates.

Now down to NPrinting - in this case you want a RESULT of your variable calcualtion to be checked agains your condition (but at this stage your variable is not evaluated and it still contains just text "IF($(vHectares)> 0,1,0)"

The only option to evaluate variable before passing it to NPrinitng condition is to put equal sign ("=") in front of it in Qlik Sense definition - like: "=IF($(vHectares)> 0,1,0)"

Then you might have another problem as inside you have another variable which depends on its syntax will/will not work properly. 

Check on help.qlik.com how for more information on what level conditions can be applied (task/report level etc..)

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hi 

are you applying any filter in the report, 
if this is the case then use the condition on report level and not task level 

leonardo_sudo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @lironbaram 

I'm using filter only in task. And if i use only filters dont dont show error.

But, if i use triggers and condition, the NP show the messagem.

---

My English isn't very good

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

this comes down to a very simple understanding of how variables work. Your variable in Qlik Sense contains a string and at this stage is not evaluated. 
When you call this variable in any Qlik Sense Object you are passing this string into Expression and then it evalueates.

Now down to NPrinting - in this case you want a RESULT of your variable calcualtion to be checked agains your condition (but at this stage your variable is not evaluated and it still contains just text "IF($(vHectares)> 0,1,0)"

The only option to evaluate variable before passing it to NPrinitng condition is to put equal sign ("=") in front of it in Qlik Sense definition - like: "=IF($(vHectares)> 0,1,0)"

Then you might have another problem as inside you have another variable which depends on its syntax will/will not work properly. 

Check on help.qlik.com how for more information on what level conditions can be applied (task/report level etc..)

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Important comment - this condition will be checked prior you generate your report - so if you are planning to cycle through fields and use it to check condition on each cycle it will not work!!!