Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asha
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting Connection issue

Hi,

We are using Nprinting Nov 2018 version and Qliksense Sep 2018.

We had to reinstall Qliksense, from when the connection to it is throwing errors as shown in the picture below

unnamed.png

I tired re importing the certificates but it did not help. 

I did open the required ports in both QlikSense Server and Nprinting Server and we have Nprinting Server and Engine installed in same machine.

This could be an issue from Qliksense server as it was working fine till it got reinstalled. But not sure what exactly I need to check. 

Please let me know if anyone has come across this issue.

Thanks,
Asha

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Please check with your network team and show them the issues you are experiencing. That point you made will in most cases impact your communication between NPrinting and Qlik Sense server and may indeed be the cause of the issue. 

*Make sure the check the ports are in fact open with your security/firewall team...both computer and network firewalls should be adjusted accordingly*

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Ports.htm

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Asha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank,
Thanks for your prompt responses.
We were able to fix this issue. As we are hosting Nprinting on AWS, Qliksense central node's security group was not allowing outbound traffice for the ip range that NPrinting was in. After updating the security group it got fixed.

Thanks,
Asha

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

1. Make sure that port 4242 is open as mentioned here
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Ports.htm
2. Make sure that the computer name used in the certificate export is the Qlik Sense server central proxy node. This should be the same address used in the NPrinting Connection to the Qlik Sense server as well.
3. When you perform the certificate import using the QMCcertificateInstaller tool, make sure you are logged on as the NP service account. If you cannot log on as the NP service account, do hold down 'shift>rightclick' and 'Run as a different user' then enter the NPrinting service account credentials to accurately import the certificates. If requested to remove certificates during the next steps, click 'yes' or 'ok'.
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
nomananjum
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Asha,

Have you tried the Same version of Qlik sense and Qlik NPrinting?

I have faced the same issue with my nprinting , Then i have downgraded it with the same version of Qlik sense its starts working. 

Hope it will help

Asha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the response Frank.
I did follow the instruction you mentioned above and still the issue persists.

I just noticed that I'm not able to access Qliksense from Nprinting machine,able to access it from serevr and other machines but not on Nprinting Machine, not sure if it has to do something with this issue.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Please check with your network team and show them the issues you are experiencing. That point you made will in most cases impact your communication between NPrinting and Qlik Sense server and may indeed be the cause of the issue. 

*Make sure the check the ports are in fact open with your security/firewall team...both computer and network firewalls should be adjusted accordingly*

Asha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the information Frank!
I will check with the team and see if this resolves the issue.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

well - before reinstalling certificates you have first export them again from new Qlik Sense server (since it was re-installed). Did you do this step?

All errors are described in help.qlik.com so just start looking for answers there. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Asha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for you response Lech.
Yes I did export from Qliksense Server after installation
Asha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank,
Thanks for your prompt responses.
We were able to fix this issue. As we are hosting Nprinting on AWS, Qliksense central node's security group was not allowing outbound traffice for the ip range that NPrinting was in. After updating the security group it got fixed.

Thanks,
Asha