Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

rbartley
Contributor III

Re: Nprinting Cycling Reports

Hi Frank,

Still not working I'm afraid.  I have created a report with a page linked to field MS Code, I have a filter at report level to only return MS Code values BG and UK, I  have also set up two recipients linked to the task: the first has a filter MS Code {BG}; the second MS Code {UK}.  The MS Code related to the page shows correctly, but the graph and table are still not filtered at all.  I have not found anything in the training material to help.

Highlighted
rbartley
Contributor III

Report Template

Report Filter

Recipient BG

Recipient filter

Ricipients associated with task

rbartley
Contributor III

Output:

Not applicable

having the code at the page level should work - I jsut did something similar with the NPrinting training environment.  Can you provide the qvw and the specific object and I can try to duplicate issue or get it to work.  PowerPoint I have found can be fickle and if certain steps are not performed in a certain order, it does not work correctly.  In the case where I got it to work, I added the page to the left hand side and then dragged to the PP tempalte itself after the iamge was already on the template

rbartley
Contributor III

Hi Adam,

Please see the attached qvw.   It is a scaled down version of the original QV document, but the issue is the same.  The object I am trying to filter on is MS Code.  I would like to produce a number of files, each with only one MS Code within.

Thanks.

djk
Valued Contributor III

Hi Richard,

Please remove the Alternate State (AAR Reporting). NPrinting does not support Alternate States & Triggers. If required, you will need to simulate Alternate States using filters in NPrinting.

HTH - Daniel.

rbartley
Contributor III

Hello Daniel,

Thank you, it worked perfectly after removing the alternate state.  I can now generate an individual pptx file per MS Code with the cycling functionality.  As suspected, I don't need to use recipient lists and filters, but it might be useful to organise the output into different sub-folders.

Community Browser