Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

Nprinting Data Connection to Cluster

Hi,

If I want to create a Nprinting data connecttion to a Cluster and have 2 web servers running, what would be the Cluster ID?

(In  Connecting to QlikView document on QlikView Cluster - Qlik NPrinting - YouTube the Webserver name is the ClusterID )

Has anyone managed to setup a nprinting data connection to a Cluster (using 17.2)

Thanks for any pointers

br

Paul

7 Replies
bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Paul,

Where you able to figure out what should be the cluster id when we have more than one Web Server?

Thanks,

Rakul.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

maybe this?

https://help.qlik.com

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2018/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnec...

regards

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Lech,

Let me rephrase my question. I have a cluster environment having 4 web servers and each one has different name. Given this scenario how can I define the Cluster ID, as we have 4 names to chose.

Thanks,

Rakul.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, You need to choose one of the clasters and assign the connection and application to it!

Load balancing will not work with NPrinitng (if that's what you are asking)

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Lech,

The strange part is after giving one of the webserver name as Cluster ID and verifying the connection I get the error " At least one QlikView Server in the cluster can open the specified document."

But to the same qvw file, if I use Server connection method everything works fine. I m not sure why cluster option is not working?

Thanks,

Rakul.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Do you meet all requirements for claster connections as per my previous link (also the one below):

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2018/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnec...

To create a connection to a cluster of QlikView Servers you need:

• At least one active cluster of QlikView Servers.If you have more than one cluster, you will be able to select the one you want to use.
  • QMS and QVS computers that can be reached from Qlik NPrinting Engines.
  • Qlik NPrinting Engine services run by a user that is:
    • a domain user
    • part of a QlikView Administrators security group on all nodes of the cluster
    • part of a QlikView Management API security group on the computer where QMS runs

QlikView Management API security groups are not created during installation, they must be createdand populated manually.

To configure a QlikView Cluster connection, you need the following information that can be found in the Qlik Management Console:

• Cluster address and ID found under System > Setup.
    • The cluster address is on the Management service > Summary tab.
    • The cluster ID can be found by selecting the QVWS server under QlikView Web Servers. The cluster ID is in the Name field of the General tab.

etc...

There is a lot more in help document describing what needs to be done. I assume you read all this and set everything up accordingly?

If you have done this then i guess we will need log files (likely in DEBUG mode - check also in help.qlik.com how to get them) and if that does not help then i suggest you open a support ticket with Qlik

regards

Lech

bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi All,

Ignore the error Nprinting server throw while validating and continue with Reload Metadata and everything works fine. But in my case the Bookmarks are not being shared across the cluster and it seems to be a bug that is fixed in June 2018 Release along with QlikView starting from 12.20 SR6. (Jira issue ID: OP-7571)

Currently, we are forcing the document to use one node and using the server option in Nprinting rather than Cluster and everything works fine.

Thanks,

Rakul.