Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Digvijay_Singh

Nprinting Designer - clicking on close button(X) throwing error - Ver May 2021 (Observed issue in June 2020 as well)

Hi,

Has anyone seen this pop up error when powerpoint template is closed using 'X' or by hitting save and close button? (Error attached).

Surprisingly one other colleague also started getting this error, but not everyone is facing it in my organization.

Another observation is, every time I am trying to close designer, it throws application error in the local machine's event log as well.(attached here).

Its not a showstopper caz I am able to save the changes but its really annoying. 

Any suggestion on this will be appreciated.

@Ruggero_Piccoli 

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Thanks,

Digvijay

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh
Author

Just an update,

As per Qlik support the bug is getting fixed in May 2021 SP3, release date is not yet known.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Digvijay_Singh
Author

Response from @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Hi @Digvijay_Singh 

1. Little bit of housekeeping - I guess you wanted to post discussion, but instead you have created a N Prinitng document (maybe move that to the right location or copy/paste/recreate post in proper location)

2. I am not an expert in this. My research in this case would be around the actual template and version of MsOffice used. I would try to reinstall MsOffice and the right version (same as server and engine obviously) of NPrinitng designer if possible?

3. Are you using modified corporate PPT files as a templates of your reports? I have seen strange behaviour when PowerPoint files used in reports were coming from Marketing teams who modified them to match corporate colours for tables themes, backgrounds, headings, footers etc... 

Lets see if anyone else can add anything to it?

cheers

Digvijay_Singh
Author

Response from @Ruggero_Piccoli 

Hi @Digvijay_Singh ,

I agree with all points from @Lech_Miszkiewicz  plus I suggest you to check also the zoom level of the screens where you experience the issue. Qlik NPrinting requires that the zoom level of the screen is 100%, no more.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Digvijay_Singh
Author

Sorry for the inconvenience guys, I had created document instead of new discussion by mistake,  so just created new question now.

Digvijay_Singh
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Thanks for your response, your 3rd point has good connection to my problem, I did apply new marketing template. I had doubts if that has caused the problem but I ruled it out by checking reports where the new template is not applied. All the powerpoint templates are throwing this error. Also another colleague who is experiencing the same problem, he has not applied new template at all. But there are two more developers, they are all good and don't see this error.

I will explore further on point 2 and 3.

Thanks,

Digvijay

Digvijay_Singh
Author

@Ruggero_Piccoli 

Thanks for your response, zoom level looks okay. Looks like regular updates triggered by organization caused this issue, will update once I reinstall office and verify.

Thanks,

Digvijay

Digvijay_Singh
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  @Ruggero_Piccoli 

I am still in process to reinstall office but wanted to share this vital observation attached in the image. All those who recently upgraded to newer office version are facing this problem. This will be proved once I downgrade and test it. 

If its true I think Qlik would need to fix it at their end. I have support case open and I am trying to explain this to them as well.

Thanks,

Digvijay

Digvijay_Singh
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

@Ruggero_Piccoli 

FYI We closed on the troubled PowerPoint version along with Qlik support, the software bug ID OP-9987 with R&D is opened.  Its PPT version 2102 Build 13801 throwing this error in the designer.

Thanks,

DJ

Digvijay_Singh
Author

Just an update,

As per Qlik support the bug is getting fixed in May 2021 SP3, release date is not yet known.