Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II

Nprinting Designer giving HTTP call error sending request in Sep 2019 release

Hello Experts,

We have upgraded the environment with September release and have re-installed Nprinting designer. But when we are trying to edit template of any of the old reports, we are getting below error while Nprinting Designer 2019 opens:

HTTP call error sending request

https://<>, method GET. Http status code InternalServerError (500)

I have checked the below link.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000046868

The workaround did not work.

Also, checked 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NPrinting-Feb-2018-Error-Message/td-p/12192

I am not sure which admin password is being refereed  in the resolution of the post.

Any help for this error is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Version: Nprinting 19.29.3.0

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

@robert_bond @PoojaPrasad 

According to R&D.

You have both likely restored an older version of an NPrinting database overtop of an upgraded NPrinting repository.

Once you upgrade using the upgrade/installer, it is NOT necessary to perform a restore.

Upon execution of the NP server installation file, this action processes/updates all NPrinting tables. No further action is required. It is not necessary to perform a restore after the upgrade completes. All tables and modified/added/updated during the installation/upgrade process.

For details see:

In any case, the steps taken with you by R&D today will not be necessary going forward. It was a one time action.

To prevent this in the future, do not restore an older NP database repository database over an upgraded NPrinting server.

Note the upgrade process also makes and stores pre-and post NP databases in the following location as well.

C:\ProgramData\NPrinting

I'm pleased to hear the issue is resolved for you @robert_bond 

@PoojaPrasad Since you are rolling back as previously mentioned, the next time you upgrade please check the points above and avoid an NP database restore 'after' performing an upgrade as doing so is not necessary and will break NPrinting. Also your rollback is actually a good idea. It will allow you to perform a clean upgrade on your next attempt.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

21 Replies
robert_bond
Contributor III
Contributor III

We're getting the same error. I'm interested in the solution. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @PoojaPrasad @robert_bond 

I see that you have stated you both upgraded your environments to NPrinting Sept. 2019.

But please note that you must also manually upgrade the NPrinting Desktop to the same version as the NPrinting server on wherever you are intending to design NPrinting reports. Upgrading the NP server will not auto update the NP designers.

If you can verify that you indeed did also upgrade each individual NP designer using the NP designer install program, I would suggest the following.

1. Fully uninstall the NP designer and restart the computer. Please also restart the NPrinting server.

2. Perform a new download of the NP designer from the Qlik Downloads site

3. Right click on the installation file and click the 'General' tab and click 'Unblock' if you see the button on the lower right corner of the general tab.

4. Right click on the NP designer installer and select 'run as administrator' from the right click context menu.

5. Test again.

If these steps do not solve the issue, please start a support request so we can begin to look into this as soon as possible for both of you.

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
robert_bond
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Frank_S ,

I followed your instructions and the error message remains (see pic below) when I try to run Nprinting Designer. 

Here's our environment:

Qlik NPrinting Server:  September 2019 Version: 19.29.3.0

Qlik Nprinting Designer: 19.29.3

Capture.PNG

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @robert_bond 

If you like I can look at your NPrinting logs here in the community if you wish.

However if you prefer to keep your NPrinting logging information private, I would suggest starting a support request as mentioned.

If you choose the latter, please share this community discussion in the support case which you submit.

Thank you...fs

robert_bond
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Frank_S ,  I submitted a case. Will post solution here. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

Perfect @robert_bond 

Thank you!

PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Frank,

Thank you for responding with probable solution. Same like Robert, the above steps did not help resolve the issue. So, have asked the Qlik Support team to help look into the issue. Will update if we get the solution.

Note: We have not yet upgraded our production instance and we are able to open Nprinting designer Sep 2019 version with previous version.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Thank you @PoojaPrasad 

Doing so will help our team to further investigate the issue. Please also return here if you don't mind to share the solution as @robert_bond is doing.

Kind regards...

robert_bond
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Frank_S . I tried the solutions Alan mentioned. Since he's on PTO today, is there someone else who can work with me today?