Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II

Nprinting Designer giving HTTP call error sending request in Sep 2019 release

Hello Experts,

We have upgraded the environment with September release and have re-installed Nprinting designer. But when we are trying to edit template of any of the old reports, we are getting below error while Nprinting Designer 2019 opens:

HTTP call error sending request

https://<>, method GET. Http status code InternalServerError (500)

I have checked the below link.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000046868

The workaround did not work.

Also, checked 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NPrinting-Feb-2018-Error-Message/td-p/12192

I am not sure which admin password is being refereed  in the resolution of the post.

Any help for this error is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Version: Nprinting 19.29.3.0

Labels (1)
21 Replies
PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Robert,

Is it possible to share the solution? I have not yet heard back from Qlik Support team on this issue. It will help if you could share the solution/workaround you got from them.

Thanks,

robert_bond
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @PoojaPrasad , below is the solution that Alan suggested. I tried and it didn't work for us.  Can you try and reply w/ results?

===========================================

HI Robert, Franks has made some suggestion:

Troubleshooting the 500 Internal Server Error from Client Side

The 500 Internal Server Error generally is caused by the server (NP server in this case)

1) Restart the browser after clearing the cache and deleting the cookies

2) Try a different browser to access the NPrinting Web console before attempting to open and edit a report.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @PoojaPrasad 

Robert's Qlik support case owner is out today and we are also experiencing a high volume of cases today as well.

I was contacted yesterday by the tech working his case and started assisting with that one. In any case I will also share with you any suggestions or findings during the investigation. 

One thing you need to check is to make sure that you are not using your NP service account to run the following services. You must allow the defaults to apply as shown in the image below...these must not be changed.

correctly configured np services.PNG

I will come back here with any new news as well.

In them mean time make sure to send your NPrinting Logs to your support case along with the following information. Do NOT submit this private company information here as the community as this a public forum:

• Your Qlik NPrinting 16 Digit Product License key.
• The version of NPrinting that you have installed in this format. QV 12.2 SRx, 18.x.x SRx etc
• Are you upgrading or installing and configuring NPrinting for the first time?
• If QlikView, is the version of QlikView Desktop installed on the NP server/engine the same version as the QV Server? Which QlikView version is in use? What is the Operating System of the QV server? Win2008 R2? 2012 R2? Other?
• If Qlik Sense, which version of Qlik Sense is in use? What is the Qlik Sense operating system? Win2008 R2? 2012 R2?
• Can you describe specific steps to help us reproduce this behavior?
• Send us a video or screen grab that demonstrates the behavior.
• When did you first notice the problem? Has this worked before?
• Has there been a recent change in the environment, performed an Upgrade or Migration on your system
• Please provide NPrinting 17+ Log Files - C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\Logs
https://support.qlik.com/articles/000026186 )
• Windows event viewer logs
https://support.qlik.com/articles/000007495 )
• Technical details of the host server/machine QV, QS and NP machine
( https://support.qlik.com/articles/000004240 )

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @robert_bond , tried both the workarounds. Neither of them worked. Still the same error when opening Nprinting designer.

Let me know if you get any other workaround/solution.

Best Regards,

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @PoojaPrasad 

I have found a software defect and have reported the issue to our R&D team.

Please note the defect information and ID. 

Qlik NPrinting: OP-8950

NPrinting Designer fails to Edit Report Templates with error

Article created regarding this issue: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000086996

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause until our R&D team is able to resolve the issue.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

@PoojaPrasad 

Private message your Qlik Support case number and I will ensure that the software defect ID gets added to it.

Thank you.

PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Frank for the update. I will inform my team to revert back to Nprinting  April 2019 release for the time being so that our development does not go on halt.

Kindly keep us updated with latest updates on the issue.

Thank you.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @PoojaPrasad 

Can you wait until Monday at least or possibly tuesday?

I am concerned that rolling back 'might' cause result in the same issue.

If you are rolling back using VM server images, then that will be fine.

Kind regards...

robert_bond
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @PoojaPrasad ,

Just spoke w/ Qlik R&D. The answer is that the problem is caused by an old version of the NPrinting repository database. You need to upgrade the NPrinting database to the latest version. There is a tool in Nprinting which allows you to do that. 

@Frank_S , could Alan post the steps to upgrade here?

Thanks,

Robert

Frank_S
Support
Support

@robert_bond @PoojaPrasad 

According to R&D.

You have both likely restored an older version of an NPrinting database overtop of an upgraded NPrinting repository.

Once you upgrade using the upgrade/installer, it is NOT necessary to perform a restore.

Upon execution of the NP server installation file, this action processes/updates all NPrinting tables. No further action is required. It is not necessary to perform a restore after the upgrade completes. All tables and modified/added/updated during the installation/upgrade process.

For details see:

In any case, the steps taken with you by R&D today will not be necessary going forward. It was a one time action.

To prevent this in the future, do not restore an older NP database repository database over an upgraded NPrinting server.

Note the upgrade process also makes and stores pre-and post NP databases in the following location as well.

C:\ProgramData\NPrinting

I'm pleased to hear the issue is resolved for you @robert_bond 

@PoojaPrasad Since you are rolling back as previously mentioned, the next time you upgrade please check the points above and avoid an NP database restore 'after' performing an upgrade as doing so is not necessary and will break NPrinting. Also your rollback is actually a good idea. It will allow you to perform a clean upgrade on your next attempt.

Kind regards...