Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II

Nprinting: ERROR message : importing USER : Can not create the new user because his domain account is invalid

Hi all,

I am getting error below while importing users via excel in Nprinting 17.2.2. Any insights are appreciated. Thank you!

djk‌ -Any ideas?

Error message:

"ERROR message : importing USER : Can not create the new user because his domain account is invalid

ERROR message : The import failed due to some invalid entries. No data was saved."

Thank you,

Sujeet Shirude

5 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Sounds like it's given you a pointer as to the area of the import that is invalid.

I don't know how many users you are trying to import but perhaps to trouble shoot this issue you split the users up if it's a mixture of domain and none domain users.

Are you trying to load users from a domain nprinting doesn't have access to?

Are you using the wrong syntax to load the domain user

DOMAIN\username

Regards

Andy

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Are none of the users imported?
Be sure that you only import active users and not formal employees. I had the same problem. There was in a big list, just one inactive employee.

sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your reply, Andy!

The Domain Account syntax was correct. I was importing around 500 users.

I removed the users that had special any characters(., comma, !, _,- ,:) in their Name and also completely removed the entries  for column 'Nickname'. Then I was successfully able to import the users.

Regards,

Sujeet Shirude

sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Wouter!

yes, none of the users were imported.

I removed the users that had special any characters(., comma, !, _,- ,:) in their Name and also completely removed the entries  for column 'Nickname'. Then I was successfully able to import the users.

Regards,

Sujeet Shirude

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Glad you were able to resolve your issue.  I'm surprised . Wasn't allowed as we were able to load domain users and the syntax was first name.Last name.  it's good to know you need to keep an eye out for certain special characters in usernames. Thanks for sharing your solution.