Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nprinting Error Message

I am getting this error when trying to generate a preview of my excel Nprinting document 'Index was outside the bounds of the array'. I have an excel with several worksheets that have pivot tables in them. The pivot tables are referencing the same fields of Carrier, Plan Name, and Age, but then each pivot table reference a different Rate that is a separate field in the original table. Can you help me figure out why I may be getting this error?

16 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Alissa -

What version of NPrinting are you using? We have seen this error and made a bug fix for it in NP16 SR1. You can download that version, along with the release notes documenting this from the Qlik downloads page (see QlikView tab): http://us-b.demo.qlik.com/download/

If you are that version or a more recent service release, please contact Qlik Support regarding this error.

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately that is the version that we are currently on. I will contact Qlik Support.

Not applicable
Author

could you provide the sample nsq with the template and qvw?

Not applicable
Author

Just wanted to include some new information:

1. We upgraded to Nprinting 16.2 today and I am still getting the error message.

2.What is happening is that on my pivot tables, I have a field filter applied to two fields(see screen shot below).

PivotTableFilters1.jpg

3.That filter for both fields is ‘Does Not Equal…’ and the value is set to zero(see screen shot below).

PivotTableFilters2.jpg 

4. If I remove the Plan filter and keep the Age filter I no longer get the error message. If I removed the Age filter and keep the Plan filter, I get the error message.

5.But I need both filters in there so that I don’t get a column of Zero’s and I don’t get a row of Zero’s in the table. The example below is what it looks like when I remove the Plan filter. There is a blank column inserted at the end of the table, but there is no blank row at the bottom(which is what I want for both the row and column at the end of the table).

Blank Column.jpg

Thoughts?

Not applicable
Author

If I understand correctly, you have a straight table in QlikView and then converted it into a Pivot table within the NPrintinting Excel template?

I was initially thinking the filters were within Nprinting but they are within the Pivot table itself

would it make sense to add filters within NPrinting?

Andrea_Ghirardello

Hi, you need to change the settings of the pivot table from within the Template Editor as explained here (section "Set Data to Be Refreshed"): How to Create a Pivot Table from Excel Table Columns – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Otherwise you will see the "tag" values and temporary values available in design time.

Not applicable
Author

So the upgrade didn't work, and neither did 'Set Data to be Refreshed'. Also, I am actually getting that error message now even without the filters. I have three separate pivot tables that are made using three separate straight tables. Any other ideas?

Not applicable
Author

I have never run into this issue but the straight tables I have converted to Pivot in the Excel tempalte were much smaller than this.  Is there a particular reason in needs to be a pivot?  I have had much success using levels in the Excel template isntead of using pivot tables - a possible option to think about.

If you have not done so already, you may want to set up a support call and have Qlik remote in and see what is going on

Andrea_Ghirardello

Do you have other objects in the same sheet where you put the pivot?

If so, please try using only the pivot in the sheet.

This because Excel may not be able to expand ranges for the pivot if something else is below it in a different range with different number of columns.

Another check to perform: how many rows and/or columns will contain the final pivot? Check here Excel specifications and limits