Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III

Nprinting Failed to Restore from Backup

I'm having problem restoring the data from my backup file. The error:-

cu0jE5XXh7.png

I was trying to upgrade my Nprinting server to the latest version (April 2020), but it failed due to an error. So I reverted it back to the old version (Nov 2019) and try to restore the data from the backup. But it failed with the error above. Now my server is stuck with no data.

What could be the problem? Anything that I can do?

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What you are saying does not make sense. You said that you are trying to rever to previous version which was Feb 2020 and on screenshot we clearly see 19.40.3.0 which is November 2019. 

The only advice i have at the moment is to rever back to the version which was used to create backup.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sorry! Just rechecked, it is indeed November 2019. (Not Feb 2020) And I did revert using the same version. (The exact same installer that I use for the previous version)

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

cool,

so now, do you follow the exact steps from the help document? 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Restoring-...

There are few steps where you need to be very particular:

• you need to stop services before running cmd
  • you should run cmd with elevated privileges 

The reason I am asking if you follow those steps is that I see commands stopping services in your screenshot...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yup, I tried it with the services stopped. (except for the repo and messaging services) Opening the CMD using the "run as administrator". But still getting the same error. (Also tried with the services up, but still the same. Tried a lot of combination.)

But its ok now, we decided to restore the whole server from a snapshot backup.