Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II

Nprinting: Filtering data from Qlik Sense app

Hi all,

We have Nprinting June 2017 version. We have a Qlik Sense app which contains a table with multiple records(For eg: 100) and filter field(Value = A, B,C)

I am trying to create a Nprinting report which will have 3 separate tables based on 3 values from the filter. For reference see attachment. Is this possible?

I see  an option to add variables in Npriting Designer but not sure how it will apply in this scenario.

Any insights on this are appreciated.

djksjw

Thank you,

Sujeet Shirude

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Why don't you use a level construction?
I assume that the values A,B and C are in one Field.
Use this Field as level.
nprinting will cycle over the field values.
So you don't have to use any filters. Only if there are more then those 3 values in your field. But then you can use a report filter.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Why don't you use a level construction?
I assume that the values A,B and C are in one Field.
Use this Field as level.
nprinting will cycle over the field values.
So you don't have to use any filters. Only if there are more then those 3 values in your field. But then you can use a report filter.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

It is possible by using levels that are explaind here Creating Excel reports with nested levels and subtotals ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you, Wouter & Ruggero!

The filter contains more than 3 values(A,B,C). How can I set it to look at just A, B, C?

Also, I am creating a word report that has two additional charts from the Qlik Sense app that don't have any filter applied to it. So in total, the Nprinting report should have 5 objects(two charts, 3 table objects with respective filter.)

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I'm sorry but I haven't understood your question.

You can create a filter that keep only 3 values (A, B and C) by using Qlik NPrinting filters Static and dynamic filters ‒ Qlik NPrinting. Than you can add this filter to the report. If you insert the filtered field as a Levle in the report template, the level will be resolved only with the 3 selected values.

The report filter is applied to all Qlik Sense objects you insert into it.

With next release September 2017 it will be possible to apply specific filters to Qlik Sense objects. You can test the technical preview from the page Qlik NPrinting September 2017 Technical Preview. Remember that it is only for testing purposes and not for production use.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.