Connection A
Connection B

We have 3 filters each one and each filter

• Filter YTD: -Connection A Field Year Value 2019
                          -Connection B Field Year Value 2019
  • Filter MTD: -Connection A Field Month Value 6
                           -Connection B Field Month Value 6
  • Filter Administrator: -Connection A Field UserName Value Administrator
                                               -Connection B Field UserName Value Administrator

We created a User in Nprinting too:

• User Administrator:  -Filter Administrator

When a month starts, Connection B has no data until 2nd monday of the month but Connection A has data for this user so we need to send the report everyday. When we send this report with data from Connection A, it fails because NPrinting tries to set the filters from Connection B too and this Connection B has no data for this user.

Note: Filter administrator is the only filter assigned to this user, Filter YTD and MTD are assigned to each report directly.

We have 5 different connections, and 3 of them has no data from the start of month and 2 has data but all of our reports are failing because of this problem.

I hope you can understand my problem, I need to check every month which filters has no data so I remove it from each filter (50 different users) until this filter has data.

NPrinting version: Qlik NPrinting September 2018 SR2

Regards,

CS

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Since linked fields are not possible with NPrinting 17+ platform, I would suggested that you create a single QVW or QVF that contains all the necessary data for reporting purposes.

Make a single connection using that new QVW containing all the relevant data then move your report to the new connection. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Import-ex...

Also keep in mind that the version of NPrinting you are using does not have the ability to prevent reports that have no data.

Therefore, if you are just trying to manage reports that do not have data , upgrade to NPrinting April 2019 or later versions  to leverage better control over email distribution. This can be configured by following the information in the following link as long as you have April 2019 NPrinting or later installed. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Di...

Hope this helps to guide you in the right direction.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I will try to upgrade our environment and I'll check it!

Thank you so much for your response!

CS
Frank_S
Support
Support

Glad I could help!

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!