Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nprinting - Filters vs Current Selections

I have a list of 1000 recipients that I have imported into NPrinting  along with the 4 filters that I would like to use in order to generate the custom reports for each recipient.   I used Excel to create my list.

When I am working in my QV app, I have a very large dataset and I use the current selections boxes to "reduce" the data down so that only that applicable data shows up in my charts.  I am then  capturing images of these charts and sending them to NPrinting.  When I use the on-demand function, it works perfectly

What I try to mass produce my reports by running a task with my recipient list, it appears to only be trying to "filter" the data that gets exported to Nprinting, rather than using the filters as current selections to create the proper charts.  In addition, I use variables based on the current selections of one of my fields to create normative values in another chart.

My request is this:

How can an Nprinting task be configured to pass those filters as Current Selections  ( like it does with On-Demand )?

Or does anyone know how to use a variable to dynamically add fields to the Current Selection box?

Perhaps I can just pass a variable to Nprinting that would automatically populate the current selections box for each report.

20 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Mike - glad to hear the functionaility did not get dropped somewhere along the way.  Looks like it saved you a bunch of time, and it is good to know the functionality to import variables as filters exists and works extremely well

take care