cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nprinting Formatting issues

Hi All,

I have been working on developing few reports in N-printing.

Currently, I have created a Pivot Chart(QlikView) which has to be replicated in the NPrinting for ease of the client. As i cannot import the object when i wanted to format. I converted it into Straight table and imported the column values as I can have the flexibility over the Column values.

But, I still face few other issues. I have a slow down due o the following errors. it would be great if anyone has a work around for these issues.

1. I have dates in the a field and the dates does not show as "Date" instead it shows a "number". 

And, The columns hold few '0' in the data, but they don't display in N-printing. only few of the columns they display.

Are there any other options which I have to look into for this problem?

2. I have a flag_1 Column (D2) values which would be either "y" or "n". I have to implement the condition based on this row the column values (A2) has to change the color from white to yellow.

I tried conditional formatting, But it does not work. It worked when i try to implement the same condition of the conditional formatting  on the preview of excel report.

3. I wanted to merge column header ( which are repeating) in the Pivot Table, It works in Excel again. But doesn't allow this formatting in N-Printing.

I tried the Pivot Table options -> Layout Options. But this made changes to the complete pivot table, whereas I have few restrictions to do this. I don't want the format to be applied to the first column of my pivot table, And has to be applied to the rest of the other coulmns.  Is there a way this is possible?

Thanks,

SP

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I has some workaround and fixed it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, SP:

1. You can use the format from .qvw file, if you "keep source formats" in nprinitng when you create a template. And if the date still have problem, you need to change the excel format to "Date" format in the nprinting template. For the "0" do not show problem, as some displays, then there maybe some thing different for the one dose not show. Are all the "0" in the same column? If not, you can also check whether you have correct "format" in the nprinitng template.

2.  Conditional formatting should work. But it is a little tricky. You must control the cells you set to use the condition carefully, otherwise it shifts and not using the condition in the correct area. You can check the condition again in the generated report, the condition format dose work because it is not apply to the cells with "y" or "n".

3. Can not understand your last requirement very well. Are you doing the merge in QV or Nprinting? And it is better to provide an example what you need.

Zhihong

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1. 1. You can use the format from .qvw file, if you "keep source formats" in nprinitng when you create a template. And if the date still have problem, you need to change the excel format to "Date" format in the nprinting template. For the "0" do not show problem, as some displays, then there maybe some thing different for the one dose not show. Are all the "0" in the same column? If not, you can also check whether you have correct "format" in the nprinitng template.

Yup, I have done the same formatting on the particular cell (Cell Styles -> Formatting. It worked ) in the Nprinting QlikView.

Regarding the ‘0’, I have written an expression in QV, “if(isnull(sum(COST))=0,sum(COST),'Null')”  , I have no values as Null in the output table.

Still while I convert the Straight table and bring those individual column fields and apply an pivot table on the table in Nprinting  Excel Template.

I do not get all the 0 values shown in the QV Straight table  data to the Excel Data. Instead they are blank fields.

1. 2. Conditional formatting should work. But it is a little tricky. You must control the cells you set to use the condition carefully, otherwise it shifts and not using the condition in the correct area. You can check the condition again in the generated report, the condition format dose work because it is not apply to the cells with "y" or "n".

It doesn’t work, I have added them as columns from a straight table(QV) and inserted them in a table(Nprinting). I know the exact column values where the condition has to be applied.

Conditional formatting works only in such condition if I have column1 value as “Y” and convert column1 into green.  But when I base this Column 1 as a condition I.e. if the values in Column1 is Y then change the values of Column2 to green it doesn’t work  (Only in N-printing, If I try the same condition on the preview of my Nprinting output it works perfectly alright).

1. 3. Can not understand your last requirement very well. Are you doing the merge in QV or Nprinting? And it is better to provide an example what you need.

I wanted to merge column header ( which are repeating) in the Pivot Table, It works in Excel again. But doesn’t allow this formatting in N-Printing.

I tried the Pivot Table options -> Layout Options. But this made changes to the complete pivot table, whereas I have few restrictions to do this. I don't want the format to be applied to the first column of my pivot table, And has to be applied to the rest of the other columns.  Is there a way this is possible?

Merging of headers is possible in Nprinting in a pivot table. Once the above steps in the link are followed to create a pivot table. Then the headers can be merged, we have to place the cursor on the cell which we have to merge and then right click-> pivot table options -> first tab we find an option -> merge and center cells with label.

I need to show the final report to be something like this :

sample.PNG

I applied all the formatting but lagging behind in 2 things :

• 0 values shown in the QlikView object, do not show in the Nprinting
  • Dec EOF as shown in the above image cannot be shaded as I do not have flexibility of that cell value.

All that I can see and format on my Nprinting is limited to below image:

snapshot2.PNG

And , the cell values I am bringing from my QV application is as shown below:

snapshot3.PNG

Thanks,

SP

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, SP:

1. I do not get all the 0 values shown in the QV Straight table  data to the Excel Data. Instead they are blank fields.

> This seems related to the "Supress ZEno-Value" in QV. Try to un-check it in the "Presentation" tab. Check my .qvw file, the result of Nprinting has the same value (0) as in the pivot table in .qvw file.

2. But when I base this Column 1 as a condition I.e. if the values in Column1 is Y then change the values of Column2 to green it doesn’t work. (Only in N-printing, If I try the same condition on the preview of my Nprinting output it works perfectly alright).

>I see, this is because the format condition is not apply to the correct cells. After you get the Nprinting report, if you select the cells of Column2->Conditional Formating->Manage Rules, you will see whether the condition added to Column2 exist or not? As you mentioned you can add the condition formating to the Nprinitng output. The formula should be correct, but not on effect the correct cells.

3. I now know what do you mean about "merger the header".

When you run report for a QV pivot table in Nprinitng, you do not have many options.  You can select "hide" in the "Show headers" which will only hide the top "country" but not the rest header in the QV pivot table. Then you can add the merged country header for fixed years, as a hard code way, and this is not extendable if data for a new year is added, and then you need change the "merged header".

Do you suggest to create the pivot table in Nprinting based on straight table, it just too much work to do.

Attached is the example pivot table I create in .qvw, the nprinitng set and the result report from Nprinitng.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I has some workaround and fixed it.