cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nprinting Grouping Pie diagram in Pixel perfect output

Hi there,

At the moment  I started to experiment with the Pixelperfect format.

I have created a pie chart for an employee that has written X amount of hours for a specific clients this week.

It looks like this:

Pie chart pixel perfect.PNG

The problem is that it showcases the amount of written hours per client per day. 6 hours was supposed to be written for client A and the rest for client B. But now I see client B repeatedly in this diagram. ( I removed the names of the clients on purpose for now)

(Also I know a pie charts is not the best option to show this information, but as I mentioned above, this is a experiment)

Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong? Help me group the X amount of hours per distinct client?

I made one straight table in Sense, with all the dates, employees,projects and hours. And used in Nprinting tables as a source to create this pie chart.  I am using Nprinting 18.0.3

I hope somebody can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Liesbeth

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Lisabeth,

• I made one straight table in Sense, with all the dates, employees,projects and hours. And used in Nprinting tables as a source to create this pie chart - this is where you make a mistake i think. I would prepare aggregated data in Qlik Sense say customer as Dimension and sum(written hours) as Measure and use table with this granularity as a source for your Pie Chart.

Regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Lisabeth,

• I made one straight table in Sense, with all the dates, employees,projects and hours. And used in Nprinting tables as a source to create this pie chart - this is where you make a mistake i think. I would prepare aggregated data in Qlik Sense say customer as Dimension and sum(written hours) as Measure and use table with this granularity as a source for your Pie Chart.

Regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lech,

Thank you for your response.

I wonder if that the way to go. I made previous tables but than in Excel output in Nprinting.

The way to go than is to build one straight table with all the information stored into. I used levels to create the right

groupings and granularity.

If what you say is right I need to make numerous straight tables in Sense.

Best regards,

Liesbeth

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

....If what you say is right I need to make numerous straight tables in Sense..... - this is the most efficient way and current best practice for NPrinting development as you are doing grouping in Qlik and only display data in NPrinitng. Any other approach will extend report geneation process or might not be possible at all.

This also applies to reports run based on levels.

regards

Lech

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lech,

I tried what you have suggested and it works.

Thank you for your advice.

Best regards,

Liesbeth Tillemans

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Great - I am glad i could help

happy Qlik'in

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lech,

Maybe you can help me with another small issue.

I have a dual field as a dimension. But when I use it in a pie diagram, the diagram is not created

when i view my result. Is there a way to get around this, without adjusting the field in the data model?

Best regards

Liesbeth

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI Liesbeth,

Dual filed as ... for example Month ? Like Dual(Jan,1)?

Since it is dimension it should not matter. Could you please post some screenshots of?

• table object with dual dimension and your measure for Pie chart
  • Screenshot also dimension properties and expression properties
  • screenshot NPrinting Pixel Perfect left nav and chart series settings

thanks

Lech