cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sindhu_rajan
Contributor
Contributor

Nprinting Job is not throwing excel through QMC schudule

Hi , I have scheduled the Nprinting job in QMC (Supporting tasks)using batch file.  The jobs are running fine but not exporting the excel. 

When i run the job manually in Nprinting designer, then it is exporting the file. 

What could be the reason for this. Could anyone help me. 

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @sindhu_rajan 

I agree that there is not enough information to assist you.

I suggest  that you have a look and follow these following community documents to assist you.

If you follow the related article below and the previous points from @Lech_Miszkiewicz  it should work for you.

How to Execute NPrinting Reports by External XML Request

How to Distribute Reports after Successful .qvw Reload on a QlikView Server with Publisher

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You are not giving us enough information, but I will give you few tips you can check

• when running job from Designer who are you running them as? What user is then logged in?
  • when running task via batch are you using the same user?
    • it is crucial that you do, as this user needs to have a QlikView license and needs to be able to access QlikView documents
    • is this user having an access to write files to the location where you want it to?
    • what is your batch file doing?
    • did you check logs? are you actually triggering anything with this batch file or maybe you just wrote it wrong?

BTW - version 16.2 is out of support i suggest to upgrade to 16.9

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
sindhu_rajan
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi ,Thanks for your reply.

I am running this job in both QMC and Nprtining designer with Administrator Account. 

I was running and exporting the excel successfully few days back.

I am facing this issue in recent days.

Batch file will call the nprinting job and scheduling it in QMC -supporting tasks.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So again - This is not enough information to be able to help you. We just know that you had a batch which worked and it does not work now... what have you done to check why it is not working?

Did you check NPrinting logs - like i said in previous post maybe your batch is not even calling NPrinting... maybe it is something wrong with windows privilages. Did you check windows events logs? What do the say?

When you say you use administrator account - do you mean there is a QlikView Publisher service account which has administrator rights and you RDP to the server where NP designer is installed and you use it to run the job manually from designer and then it works... is this right?

Check logs - if you need more inforamtion you need to give us something we can work with (logs - windows and nprinitng)

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @sindhu_rajan 

I agree that there is not enough information to assist you.

I suggest  that you have a look and follow these following community documents to assist you.

If you follow the related article below and the previous points from @Lech_Miszkiewicz  it should work for you.

How to Execute NPrinting Reports by External XML Request

How to Distribute Reports after Successful .qvw Reload on a QlikView Server with Publisher

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!