cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandeepgather
Contributor II
Contributor II

Nprinting June 2019 performance issue

We have few Sales reports which have time critical SLA. Reports run on an average for 6 minutes. But occasionally it will take more then 45 minutes. Any suggestions what the issue might be or what should I look at to investigate it further.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

About performances and sizing refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Performanc...

I suggest you also to search here in the community because this topic was discussed many times in the past.

There are too few details in your request to understand what is happening, in any case the fact that sometimes the report creation process is fast and some other it is slow suggest me to investigate the Qlik Sense server workload. Maybe when report generation takes 45 minutes it is because the Qlik Sense server is not able to answer fast. Check the status of hardware resources during the generation.

The generation time depends also on the structure of the templates. For example if you create many nested levels or pages or cycles the generation time becomes longer due to the filters that are needed. 

Another important point is that the generation time depends on many variables so it is not possible to predict it. You can do some tests and obtain an estimation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

the most common issue with performace is lack of understanding how important is smart and proper Qlik Sense/QlikView application development to allow for fast report production. When I am saying smart development I mean it - down to absolute minimum of data required by NPrinitng report, the best possible expressions, planning, smart use of filters, levels, pages etc...

This however comes with years of experience. People underestimate how important that knowledge is when building their reports and often report that they experience those issues. It is also important to understand that NPrinitng performance will be dependant on Qlik Sense performance so you have to invest time to understand what is happening on Qlik Sense server when your reports are generated. Do you have any reload tasks going? How much resources you have (CPU, RAM, I/O)? 

Then you have choice of templates in nprinting. Exporting images usually takes a lot more time than exporting data and using native office or html charts...If you use pixel perfect then it would be important to look at how you have built your templates.

There is so many variables that is hard to say which ones apply to your situation.

Long story short - I suggest you let someone experienced in development lay eyes on your environment and provide you with suggestions otherwise it is searching a needle in haystack!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.