Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glacoste
Creator
Creator

Nprinting Limit resources usage ?

Dear community,

I have a problem with the usage of resources (memory and cpu) from nprinting server, in my case i use nprinting server in the same machine of qlikview server(I know it's not ideal, but this problem would happen anyway if they were different machines). So, when nprinting is running in sometime use 4 qlikview desktop process for extract the data and this use toomuch memory and cpu.

Exist a config file in NPrinting like to qlikview server for cpu usage limit and memory?

6 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Installing Qlik NPrinting Server in the same computer of QlikView Server is not supported. You must install them into two different computers.

Qlik NPrinting Server uses all the hardware resources of the computer where it is installed.

QlikView Desktop processes are opened by Qlik NPrinting Engines. So I suppose you installed the Engine on the same computer as the server and this is supported. Qlik NPrinting Engine opens at least one QlikView Desktop process (Qv.exe in the task manager) for each QlikView document used to create reports. Qlik NPrinting Engine is multitask so it could open many Qv.exe processes to open the same document multiple time to maximise performances. After finishing report creation a Qv.exe process for each document could remain opened to have a faster report generation when the Qlik NPrinting Server ask for new reports from the opened document.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
glacoste
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for reply rpc

I think not provide a way for limit the resource usage in NPrinting it is simply a bad design decision. Even you use a dedicated server for run NPrinting engine, the system need free resources for run important process as remote desktop, antivirus and another critical tasks.

So this type of behavior as you describe should be configurable.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

If you install Qlik NPrinting in the supported configuration you will not have issues about resources for other tasks like remote desktop or antiviruses.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
glacoste
Creator
Creator
Author

Ok, I request a new server only for NPrinting.  Can you tell me the requirements of the machine for install (NPrintin Server+NPrinting Engine) in the same machine?.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Please refer to the official help site https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Planning-your-deploy...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

btw - keep in mind that to optimize resource usage you should use qvp (server) connection. Local connection will always hit the roof (sooner or later)

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.