Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vitaliichupryna
Creator III
Creator III

Nprinting November 2018 - Import Users

Hello,

I generated file with thee sheets: filters, users and groups. Data in filter and users sheets will be changed every week - my recipient list will be updated.

At this time I have a few task for user import: one of them is import from active directory that loads all users in company into Nprinting.

For some reason I can't modify existed users, only group and filters are updated, but I don't have any associations with users.

When I manually deleted one user and run import from file again, Nprinting successfully created user with all associations: filters and group were applied.

In logs I got following message:

Importing USER with name 'Vitalii Chupryna' : skipped. The email 'Vitalii.chupryna@****.com' is already in use.

After deleting:

Importing USER with name 'Vitalii Chupryna' : marked for creation.

Is it Nprinting bug or I did something wrong? 

Thanks,

Vitalii

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I dont see it as a bug. 

Try to use the same task to create,delete and update users and let us know how it goes.

Also remember that email address is unique ID and cannot exist more than once in entire recipient list. 

Make sure you don't try to delete account you are currently logged in or service account (you may get yourself locked out)

I suspect that users are created using import from LDAP and then you try to update it using import from excel which i assume may be your problem. 

Personally i use API and RESTFull Api in Qlik Script to maintain users as I find it the most flexible and configurable according to my needs:

https://nprintingadventures.wordpress.com/2019/04/08/nprinting-api-qlik-rest-subroutines/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
vitaliichupryna
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech,

Yes, looks like I can't update users that were created by AD task, when I removed  users from list and run my task, it successfully created users with applied filters and groups.

Also looks like excel task can update each other but can't remove user from list.

At this time I think that I should remove users that were created by AD task, store recipients from each app into qvd files and then load them into one application and import data (filters, users, groups) from it.

Then I'm going to implement your way

Do you see any advantages of AD task?

Thanks,

Vitalii

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Importing users to NPrintng is bit more tricky. I do not see any benefits of using AD with NPrinting. I actually think it is cumbersome and hard as usually you need to maintain recipient filters which is in my opinion hard (impossible) with AD tasks.

Therefore i prefer only one source of recipients list being either excel or Qlik app...and like i said, if the recipient import takes care of all filters for all task i use excel import, else i update recipients and all associations via API and RESTFull connector from qlik script.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.