Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mimiek
Partner - Contributor III

Nprinting On Demand (Chrome) error ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Hi, 

I'm facing an error 'Unable to connecto to server) when using the Qlik Sense/Nprinting On Demand button on any client computer. 

First I tried to find what's behind that error by opening the Console (F12) and found out there was something with the Nprinting certificate not being trusted: ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID.

After some searching on the internet & the Nprinting help page I came across this: Link

Accepting the Qlik NPrinting web console certificate

The default installation certificate for Qlik NPrinting web console may be registered as invalid by your browser. If your browser registers the Qlik NPrinting web console certificate as invalid, you must accept the certificate before you can use On-Demand in QlikView AccessPoint or Qlik Sense.

Do the following:

1. Open the Qlik NPrinting web console.
  2. Depending on your browser, do one of the following:
    • Choose to continue to the Qlik NPrinting web console.
    • Add a security exception and continue to the Qlik NPrinting web console.
  3. Log into your Qlik NPrinting web console.

You can now use Qlik NPrintingOn-Demand using this browser.

But that didn't helped on any client computer except the Qlik Sense server itself. So when I logon to the Qlik Sense server through remote desktop, open the browser (Chrome) and click on the On Demand button it works, but doing the same on any other computer/server after accepting the Qlik Nprinting web console certificate I still get the same error message. 

On the same help page of Nprinting I've also found some information regarding the installation of a new certificate (Link ). This way I can purchase and install a signed certificate to get rid of the error message on the client computers. But there I read this: Certificates generated using CNG compatible algorithms are not compatible with the On-Demand Add-on so I'm not sure this will work? 

I'm out of ideas and can't seem to find any other solution for my problem. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mimiek
Author

Hi @Frank_S ,

Sorry for the delayed answer.
I manage to solve the issue by buying a signed certificate (this seems like the only working solution).
I tried with a self signed certificate but that didn't help either.

So In brief:
1. I bought a certificate with a (.pfx) extension and used OpenSSL to extract the .key & .crt from it. 
2. I copied the .crt & .key file in the correct locations & adapted the .conf files. 
3. I created a DNS record equal to the address defined in the certificate that points to my Nprinting environment.
4. I adapted the URL in the Qlik Sense on demand extension to the one I've created as DNS record. 

This is the tutorial I've followed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLIbzwrK0Bo&ab_channel=QlikSupport

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Mimiek

If you do not have a valid 3rd part certificate configured, then you must perform the login steps you mentioned in order to enable a NTFS session.
NPrinting cannot provide that service as it only come with an internal certificate that won't be valid for your or any organization.

Note that the default NP cert error can be ignored as this does not affect any NPrinting functionality.

For more information check out this article as it covers how to resolve the issue but you will continue to need to log into NP first, open a new tab, then log into QlikView or Qlik Sense 'before' executing or configuring an On Demand report until you acquire and configure a 3rd party certificate for your NP server and users. Your certificates team will need to help you with this if you are unfamiliar. Or if you prefer, you may reach out to your Qlik Account manager who can assist you with acquiring the necessary resources to complete this customization.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Mimiek
Author

Hi @Frank_S ,

Sorry for the delayed answer.
I manage to solve the issue by buying a signed certificate (this seems like the only working solution).
I tried with a self signed certificate but that didn't help either.

So In brief:
1. I bought a certificate with a (.pfx) extension and used OpenSSL to extract the .key & .crt from it. 
2. I copied the .crt & .key file in the correct locations & adapted the .conf files. 
3. I created a DNS record equal to the address defined in the certificate that points to my Nprinting environment.
4. I adapted the URL in the Qlik Sense on demand extension to the one I've created as DNS record. 

This is the tutorial I've followed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLIbzwrK0Bo&ab_channel=QlikSupport