Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Nprinting OnDemand Chart Show on Condition

Hi All,

I m trying to create and Qlikview Sheet Object as image in powerpoint and enabling On-Demand on top of it. The sheet has multiple charts and based on action a text box, I m displaying few charts (Check box kind of functionality) But it seems like On Demand is not able to recognize the change in variable setting and display the content as seen in the screen.

Any help to display the content as seen on screen into nprinting on demand will be very helpful.

Thanks,

Rakul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Just to add to my previous comment

It is very likely you are using variables to hide/show popup or detail screen. Such approach will not work therefore in my example you have a workaround to use field selection to do the same.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You cannot conditionally show/hide (exchange objects) in NPrinitng

What you can do is have a conditinal hide/show for measures and dimensions.

You would have to build your checkbbox logic using dataislands fields instead of variables to make it working as variable value is not passed with OnDemand request

If you want more detailed explanation please provide a small example and we can work it out.

hope this helps

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

Please find below detail and let me know if you need more detail.

What is expected - I want to export the current view of dashboard from access point to PDF.

What I dont want - I dont want Macro or IE Plugin concept of Print Sheet.

What I have - I do have license for Nprinting On Demand and Qlikview is running on 12 SR8 and Nprinting is April 2018

Current Dashboard Design - I have a dashboard that displays 4 Summary Chart. I designed a text box to display a pop up Detail Chart and an another text box to close this window.

Design of Nprinting - I created a single page Powerpoint with Sheet Object as Image and then displaying this image to be displayed on the entire slide .

What is not happening on Demand - While viewing the dashboard with pop up or detail screen on AJAX client I m clicking on the on demand nprinting generation, the Image is not showing the pop up window but showing the image same as what dashboard had while Image object was created in Nprinting.

In short, I need a pdf same as what is seen on the dashboard in pdf through Nprinting.

Thanks,

Rakul.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The reason i asked about example was so i understand how do you control your pop-up. I wanted to have a look at your current solution (around the pop up and propose you an alternatavie).

see the dummy app attached

cheers

Lech

--------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Just to add to my previous comment

It is very likely you are using variables to hide/show popup or detail screen. Such approach will not work therefore in my example you have a workaround to use field selection to do the same.

cheers

Lech

bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

Please find the attached qvw for the approach I m using to show and hide. My concern of using island table is, I have 6 charts that I uses similar logic.

Based on your comment, it seems my approach of using variable will not work with Nprinting and I m all left with Report Editor which consumes more time.

Thanks,

Rakul.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yep - this is what i thought.

Approach with variable will not work unless you will start driving it from data island field (like in my example option 2)

There is nothing else you can do about this - sorry mate!