Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sasikumar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Nprinting Ondemand report generation failed

Hi Qlikers,

im having error on Ondemand Report Feature.

so I have few question on Ondemand Report.

1 , Does Ondemand Reporting feature must need  CA Certificate to be installed in Qlik Nprinting and Qlik Sense server ?

if need can we use internal CA  or 3rd party Trusted Root CA.

2, Internet Explorer has full compatibility with Ondemand feature or with few bugs.

3, What are the best Internet Options settings need to work with Ondemand Feature.

Thanks,

Sasikumar

Labels (1)
9 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Did you checked the official online help about On-Demand at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/On-Demand/Intro-On-Demand.htm?

Requirements, supported browsers, related minimum versions, etc are listed there.

Please insert an explicative subject to your community posts, this will help people to understand your request. Based on the title of this conversation I supposed you had a specific error. Thanks for cooperating.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
sasikumar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

Im having Ondemand Report generation error

"failed to connect nprinting server"

when we use developer option in IE,

In console, Im receiving certificate error(i attached error image)

Following URL contains detailed Video about Ondemand Configuration.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/Basic/Extending-Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-with-NPrinting-On-Demand?art...

According to above Video

Ondemand Requirements

Version information

• Qlik Sense Nov 2018 or Later
  • Qlik Nprinting Nov 2018 or Later

Certification Information

• Qlik Sense and Qlik Printing must use https
  • Trusted Root CA Authority must be installed.
    • Nprinting Private Key should have the password removed.

Trusted Origins

• Nprinting WebConsole -> Admin ->Settings -> On-Demand
  • Add Qlik Sense Proxy Server Address

Unsupported Methods

GitHub or 3rd Party Vendor Extensions

General Limitations

• Qlik Sense App Field Selections must be also be included on the qlik Nprinting Report Template.
  • Confilcting Filters in Qlik Nprinting versus Qlik Sense

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In the image with errors you attached the rows related to Qlik NPrinting On-Demand are green. Red rows are related to something else. Please try with another web browser to check if it is something related to IE.

About the certificates you can check:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing-ssl...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/On-Demand/Create-Report-On-Demand.h...

so you can use a certificate not from a CA authority.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
sasikumar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@Ruggero_Piccoli, i have installed internal CA in nprinting server.

Now its working fine in google chrome but in IE not working.

In IE, I can create Ondemand report but nothings happens when i click download button on report section

i checked in developer mode, 

SEC7111: HTTPS security is compromised by res://ieframe.dll/forbidframing.htm

SEC7111: HTTPS security is compromised by res://ieframe.dll/errorPageStrings.js

SEC7111: HTTPS security is compromised by res://ieframe.dll/httpErrorPagesScripts.js

refer screenshot which i attached in previous comment(red lines)/

SEC7111 - mixed content error

i have also enable it IE settings and added in trusted site and allowed some  js to run

still no luck....

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

April 2019 resolves the following issue:

On-Demand works in Chrome and Firefox, but not in Internet Explorer (11 or older) or Edge
In some cases, when you use Qlik NPrinting On-Demand in Internet Explorer 11 or Edge, the custom HTTP header X-XSRF-TOKEN is not generated. The header must be added to match the value in the cookie to allow validation from the proxy.
Using DMS authentication avoids the issue.

If you are using an older issue please upgrade to latest (June 2019).

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
amarti
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

which on-demand extension are you referring to? That supported by Qlik or this one: https://developer.qlik.com/garden/58be6fc151be1c2744fb32a0?

I'm facing the same problem with the latter, only official extension works fine.

Thanks,

A.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

We do not support third party tools, so I'm referring to the official Qlik software.

Please note also that this is a very old post so I suggest you to open a new one with the details of your issue. Thanks. 

If you are not using latest version, please also evaluate to upgrade your installation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
amarti

Hi Ruggero,

thanks for your answer! Seems Qlik had the same issue with downloading in IE as in the unofficial extension, but I'm glad it was fixed.

Regards,

A

amarti

Hi,

just for update on unofficial extension, if you modify "nprinting-sense-on-demand.js" file from:

function downloadTask(conn, taskId) { var requestUrl = conn.server + 'api/v1/ondemand/requests/' + taskId + '/result';

document.getElementById('download').src = requestUrl;
}

To:

function downloadTask(conn, taskId) { var requestUrl = conn.server + 'api/v1/ondemand/requests/' + taskId + '/result';

window.location.href = requestUrl;
}

it will work in IE too.

Said that, it's better to use official extensions ;).

BR,

A