Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kushalthakral
Creator III
Creator III

Nprinting Performance

Hi All

I am planning to build Excel Nprinting report on a chart that has 56 columns and million records, i tried earlier also but took me alot of time to download

I have to use On Demand functionality within a Qlikview dashboard which is of 500 MB of size

Can any one please guide me how i can achieve this through Nprinting 17 version.

Your help will be highly appreciated

Thanks

Kushal

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI ,

I am not sure what you expect.

Make sure your QlikView application follows the best possible practices, data model is optimised, expressions are optimised etc...

Exporting 1 Milion rows from table with 56 columns will take time. Out of curiosity how long does it take to export the same straight from the QlikView accesspoint? I would expect slightly longer time than that when using NPrinting and also consider if your report will have levels or pages or cycles. Each of those will greatly extend report generation time.

then comes to play QlikView server performance - often people confuse and think that NPrinitng performance depends on NPrinitng server hardware. It is only true in very small part. Most of the performance sits on QlikView side and there you must do great job - which effectively becomes not NPrinting question, but QlikView performance question...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI ,

I am not sure what you expect.

Make sure your QlikView application follows the best possible practices, data model is optimised, expressions are optimised etc...

Exporting 1 Milion rows from table with 56 columns will take time. Out of curiosity how long does it take to export the same straight from the QlikView accesspoint? I would expect slightly longer time than that when using NPrinting and also consider if your report will have levels or pages or cycles. Each of those will greatly extend report generation time.

then comes to play QlikView server performance - often people confuse and think that NPrinitng performance depends on NPrinitng server hardware. It is only true in very small part. Most of the performance sits on QlikView side and there you must do great job - which effectively becomes not NPrinting question, but QlikView performance question...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
kushalthakral
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your reply, it was useful for debugging