Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Nprinting Pie chart custom color not working in qlik sense

Hello,

I created a pie chart in Nprinting PPT template and applied custom colors as per user requirement but when i generate the ppt report the custom colors are not working and gets sets to default colors. Please can someone let me know if this is a limitation on Nprinting?

Thanks,

Anil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Ok that helps

So I built a Pie chart report with Qlik Sense data based on what I think your requirement is.

I successfully changed the default fill colors to multiple shades of grey and it works for me.

See attached report output contained in the zip file.

The zip file includes:

• -exported copy of my NPrinting April 2020 Report
  • -Salesdemo qvf file
  • -report output sample

So the difference is that my report is created in April 2020 which is a few months newer than your Nov.2019 version.

Perhaps you can reverse engineer my work to suite your requirement.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @dandaanilreddy

There is far too little information about your requirement to provide a reasonable, helpful response.

Please add the following information:

• Version of NPrinting, Qlik Sense
  • Steps to reproduce the issue in detail
  • Expected results (show images or data)
  • Actual results (show images or data)
  • Which custom colors are you referring to? PPTX color fill? Qlik Sense color fill? both?
  • any other detail that will help us to help you.
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Frank,

Thank You for your response. I'm not able to share the images due to some security reasons but i can explain you below what i have done in Nprinting ppt.

Nprinting version: November 2019 version 19.40.3.0

1. Created straight table object in qlik sense
  2. Inserted donut chart into Nprinting ppt template and added dimension and measure.
  3. I have 3 dimension values for each i gave the color as per user requirement by right clicking on each share and applying color from the color fill option.
  4. Once i save and generate the deck from Qlik sense app using on demand Nprinting button the colors of the chart which i applied are not showing its taking default colors.

Thanks,

Anil

Frank_S
Support
Support

Ok that helps

So I built a Pie chart report with Qlik Sense data based on what I think your requirement is.

I successfully changed the default fill colors to multiple shades of grey and it works for me.

See attached report output contained in the zip file.

The zip file includes:

• -exported copy of my NPrinting April 2020 Report
  • -Salesdemo qvf file
  • -report output sample

So the difference is that my report is created in April 2020 which is a few months newer than your Nov.2019 version.

Perhaps you can reverse engineer my work to suite your requirement.

Kind regards...

Trang
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Anil,

May I ask what steps did you take to bypass this issue? I'm currently facing the same problem, had a look at what Frank_S did but didn't succeed, my charts still take the default colors of the pptx template.

I'm using Nprinting Feb 2021 21.0.2.0.

Best Regards,

Trang

dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi

Custom coloring didn’t worked in pie chart. I have used default colors.

Thanks