cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III

Nprinting Pixelperfect dimension level custom dimension order

In NPrinting pixelperfect I am trying to have separate tables with the data by the canal dimension.

sdfgfdsg.PNG

The thing is that I want to change the order of the values of this dimension but NPrinting doesn't allow it as displays the default alphabetical order when using the dimension

asfd.PNG

Obviously the source table has the correct sort order.

Any help?

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @lanlizgu 

If I understand your requirement correctly, go to 1 hour 28 minutes 58 seconds in the following video to watch how to use a group head and group footer to achieve your objective. It is the NP 16 designer by the design principle is identical in NPrinting 17+ platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiTy_cPqRSk

Hope this helps...fs

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your answer, However the video you are refering to explains how to use a group head and group footer as you are mentioning, but doesn't mention the objective of the post.

The objective of the post, apart from grouping headers to have separate tables by dimension that is already done, is these level dimensions to appear ordered in a custom way (A, E, G, C) and not alphabeticlaly as it is being displayed

Frank_S
Support
Support

In my report example, I updated the QVW with a specific sort order (this should also apply similarly to Qlik Sense if needed). then reloaded my NPrinting connection and the result was A>Z sort order in my report output.

It's not ideal since this solution involves updating the source QVW or QVF but it does work. I also attached a copy of the output with the expected sort order. 

sort order.PNG

template editor.PNG

output sorted a to z.PNG

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Frank, Thank yoy but as you can see, you are displaying the categories alphabetically, when I want them to be displayed in a custom way.

lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

As I have 4 values in the dimension and I want one of them (is not the last one alphabetically) to be the last one, what I did was to duplicate the tables by 2 and generate two dimensions more (one with the first three values and other one with the last value), so each table has it dimension and I am able to show the dimension in the custom order.