Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II

Nprinting: Qlik Sense hyperlink column is blank

Hi all,

We have a Nprinting report that pulls a Qlik Sense column which has a hyperlink. Prior to Nprinting upgrade to Sept 2017 release, it worked fine. After the upgrade the column shows blank. Is this a known issue?

djkmtosjw‌ Any insights on this are appreciated.

Thank you,

Sujeet Shirude

12 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Could you share a screenshot of the template and maybe of a final report?

Thanks

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Ruggero!

Its an excel report in Nprinting which just contains a table. Attached is the screenshot.

Nprinting_HyperlinkIssue.PNG

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What if you just populate this field as a text (not as a URL link)? For reporting it should not make any difference, right?

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks, Lech!

I do have it as Text. For some reason, the Hyperlink on the Ticket number field in Qlik Sense gets sent as two separate fields in Nprinting. I have pulled them as two seperate text fields in Nprinting. Earlier it used to work but after the upgrade the text for the Ticket link link does not show at all in Nprinting report.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, do you say that in Qlik Sense dimension properties you have TEXT REPRESENTATION for the field containing your URL address?

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

We investigated this issue and we opened a bug that will be solved in one of next releases. I'll keep you informed.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you for looking into it, Ruggero!

I appreciate it.

sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II
Author

No, In Nprinting excel report, I have it as a text field. In Qlik Sense, 'Representation' is  URL.

Ruggero investigated this issue and opened a bug.

Thanks for your help!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The reason i have asked is that for NPrinting purpose you can have another column setup in QlikSense as a TEXT so it works with NPrinting.

I know it would be a workaround, but for the time beeing it would do the job.

regards

Lech