Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carly_
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting REST API broke after June 2020 update

Goodmorning,

I have a failing script trying to call the Nprinting REST API after updating both Qlik and NPrinting to the June version. I also had this after the February update. The cookie is the problem in both cases. However, then I could easily change it by adjusting the TextBetween formula and now I cannot resolve the issue. Does anybody have an idea on how to change the cookie value so that the connection can be made again? 

I cannot find anything in the release notes this time. 

Labels (2)
39 Replies
Greg1291
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello Ruggero,

we are experiencing the same issue on QlikView.

Can we follow the described workaround also in this situation?

Thank you very much,

Davide

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, the REST connector is the same and the functions in the load script are available also in QlikView. So you can try the same workaround. We have not tested it in QlikView.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Love your work @juraj_misina !!! That works, I really appreciate it. That is huge relieve as it allows me to upgrade my clients to September 2020 without worrying that something will break 🙂

@Ruggero_Piccoli - I think it is worth pointing this in support documentation. I tested Juraj's solution on Qlik Sense September 2020 (without downgrading Rest Connector) with NPrinting September 2020. 

Now I will need to test this with all other calls (Delete, Put etc..) in my NPrinting.qvs library and I will need to update it accordingly. Looks like I will be busy for some time now.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi everyone.

I have another update on this. So today I updated one of the production servers to September 2020 (both Qlik Sense and NPrinitng). I made a bold move to upgrade it based on assumption that I already know how to handle additional X-XSRF-TOKEN thanks to @juraj_misina . The same client has Test servers so I did all testing and everything on test servers and there I needed to use that additional X-XSRF-TOKEN for it to work. 

Now, today I did production upgrade and to my surprise all what i needed to change was just a cookie variable. I did not have to downgrade Rest connector, I only changed my old expression which derives truncated cookie into variable and all is working well.

So I started to think what is different and my first conclusion is that maybe it depends on REST connection string in QMC. I noticed that when you create a new connection using new connector, sting contains a lot more parameters and settings. This would be a case in my TEST environment where I had to create connections from scratch. Since production server was already configured it retained old string.

Anyway - I thought I would share it here as now it made me think that there are multiple different scenarios when we have to use different setting for whole thing to work properly. After all it is proven now that the whole thing can work of September 2020 version without downgrade of connectors.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Based on the info I have, this issue is fixed in the Connector version 2.44.1,  which should be part of Qlik September 2020.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
rafalcqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Is new connector also part of June 2020 SR6 version? Or the only way is to upgrade directly to September 2020? 

Regards

Rafal

rafalcqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

Just an update from my side. June 2020 SR6 version has old Rest Connector. We are now on that version and downgrading connector to April 2020 version did the trick. No change in the code needed. I have locally installed the September 2020 version and it also seems to work fine.

Thanks

Rafal

Digvijay_Singh

Hi @rafalcqlik 

We recently upgraded Sense from Apr 2019 to June 2020 and facing this problem. How did you downgraded connector tp Apr 2020? I don't see Apr 2020 in the support download page once I select Rest connector.

Also did you need to stop engine service while replacing rest connector. I followed the step from this link and replaced connector with the one attached here, I found all the rest based apps stopped refreshing including monitoring apps.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Knowledge-Base/Qlik-Sense-June-2020-connecting-to-NPrinting-ge...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Digvijay_Singh

Thanks so much @eike_s, this worked for me!

We upgraded this weekend from Apr 2019 to June 2020, and got this issue. I used your connector along with the script changes suggested over here. The attachment in support article didn't work, not sure why.

Digvijay,

JeromeS
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Thank you Juraj

this worked for me