cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Nprinting Repository Backup Automation

I hope this helps someone else. I was going through the Nprinting backup steps @ Backing-up-Qlik-NPrinting.htm and noticed one of the conditions is to Delete Move or Rename existing backups before initiating the new one so I decided to Write a basic Command line to solve the Problem. This adds a date and time stamp to the output .zip file for you automatically.

The attached .bat file allows you to backup your Nprinting repository  by just double clicking on the Bat file after you have followed all the recommended steps defined by Qlik especially to do with stooping services.

image.png

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

there are some other things which need to be done like shutting down services...

There is already a well written batch here which you can utilise and it can be fully automated as it stops/starts services, is able to store pass password and creates version of backup with timestamp. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Qlik-NPrinting-17-x-Repository-Backup-Batch-F... 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

you are right Lech, I didn't  see that during my search. why recreate the wheel. I will remove mine.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no need to remove yours...

my intend was rather focus on the fact that to do proper backup there are also other steps which have to be considered which is not obvious for someone who is new to NPrinting...

Thanks for your contribution!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.