Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roisolberg
Creator
Creator

Nprinting Services not running

Hi All,

i have a problem with my NP Console,

first, i received an error while trying to create a  connection "The "Identity" and the Qlik Nprinting Engine service account are a Windows domain user"

i have checked the ports and the active directory and the ports are open and the directory is fine.

i have then tried to restart the server, and once it came up the services of NP isn't running

(Only Messaging service and RepoService are running), when i try to manually strat the processes i get an error:

"Error 1069: the service did not start due to a logon failure"

have anyone encountered this? any ideas?

Thanks!!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well credentials for your account need to be validated in AD - it is not NPrinting configuration but domain account configuration in your active directory.

Then you need to update or make sure you have right credentials put through directly in services...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Make sure that the 'Repo' service is using the following account "Network Service".

No other account should be used for this NP service. Network Service is used by default during the NPrinting Installation/Upgrade process and should not be changed.

NP services.PNG

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi 

i think error says it all.

Account you are using to run NPrinting services is either locked or inactive or you are using wrong credentials to run it. 

Try RDP to NPrinting server using this account and its credentials - see if you can get trhough.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
roisolberg
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

the thing is, my NP was working a couple of weeks ago and i havn't made any changes.

you say i might be using wrong credentials, where can i change them if the console dont come up ?

services are down, and when i try to open the console i get "The site can't be reached"

i connect to the server that the NP is installed on only through RDP..

roisolberg
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Frank,

it does use the network service..

11.JPG

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Be sure that the Windows services user account met all the requirements https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/User-accounts...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well credentials for your account need to be validated in AD - it is not NPrinting configuration but domain account configuration in your active directory.

Then you need to update or make sure you have right credentials put through directly in services...

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @roisolberg 

First, generally it is not a good practice to use the 'administrator' account to run any non windows server services. 

Third partly link - the following link is informational only. Reference this link at your descretion.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/identity/ad-ds/plan/security-best-practices/implemen...

Second, it is not clear from your description if you are using that account to run other NPrinting or QlikView deployments.

Third, the NPrinting service account should be a dedicated Active Directory domain service account dedicated to running a single NPrinting deployment only and should also not be shared with any QlikView server services as well.  See the following article: Dedicated NPrinting Server & Engine Service Account Configuration. Please review this article carefully to ensure you have configured it accurately for use with your specific QV or QS deployment...whichever you are using.

If you follow the points above, the dedicated NP service account should work for you (don't use "=" or ";" in your domain passwords in order to prevent NPrinting Engine install failures https://support.qlik.com/articles/000073225).

If you follow the points above, your services should start normally and NPrinting should work as designed.

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
roisolberg
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks everybody!

the problem was that the credentials in the active directory was changed 

it has been changed back and now working well.

Albert_Candelario

Excellent!

Thanks for letting us know.

Enjoy NPrinting!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer