Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Nprinting User Filter

Hi Experts,

I have different Pods. Each Pod has multiple projects assigned.

I need to apply a user filter for a User X ;

POD = {POD A,POD B,POD C},Project = {All Projects of POD A and POD B, and only Project C of POD C} 

Is it Possible to achieve?

Truly Appreciate you help.

Thanks

Syed Imran 

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

It is not abundantly clear as to what you are asking with respect to your requirement.

So I will attempt to answer by mentioning what you can do with user filters.(and later with Publish Task filters)

User filters

NPrinting user/recipient:

• can have one or more filters
  • can be a person place or thing
  • is associated with a required username and email address

If you need different filters for a specific NP user/recipient, you would have to either manually update the filters in the NP web console or use the recipient import process to change the filters. This would involve manually updating the user filters then running the recipient import task which is another separate conversation. Nevertheless alot of manual intervention would be needed on a regular basis to use this method.

So as an alternative, if you need to have different filter sets for the same user, you can consider creating multiple NPrinting user accounts that belong to the same individual. (keeping in mind that each NP user account requires a unique username and email address).

• User A Owns these two NP user accounts.
    • UserA1 - Month Filters {Jan, Dec}
    • UserA2 - Month Filters {May, June}

Publish Task filters: Another way to distribute reports to specific users with different filters is to create multiple NPrinting publish tasks with the same report and have the necessary task filters and the user which requires different filters associated with that task. This method requires no user filters but will require a publish task for each user and specific filters applied to each task.

Note: it is not possible to apply filters to NPrinting 'groups'

Other here may also have some ideas for you.

Hope this helps

Additional resources:

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks @Frank_S 

By using Publish task filter  : As we have many users its very difficult to create so many publish tasks.

I am trying to achieve it using user filter as it is already in place.

Earlier it was only at POD level but the client had some organizational changes and require at POD and then Project Level.Also Users have only one company Email.

So is there any other posiibility like OR operation in filter?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Try using the Advanced Search filter.

That 'might' help.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynamic-fi...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

Please also consider using a Condtion on the existing report or publish task.

That may actually be what you are looking for.to meet your requirement.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think I have written whole topic on that matter here:

https://nprintingadventures.com/2021/09/23/filters-in-nprinting-how-hard-can-it-be-part-2-or-mode/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks @Lech_Miszkiewicz  will go through and see if I can be able to implement.