Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JishnuGS
Partner - Contributor III

Nprinting Windows Login issue

Hi Team,

I have created a user(vdwipro66) in Nprinting and gave appropriate role for accessing the NewsStand, but the user is not able to logging via Windows login.

Only the Service id(Highlighted in Screenshot) is able to login via Windows Login.

What might be the issue here ?

JishnuGS_0-1602007686568.png

Service id which we are able to login via Windows Login

JishnuGS_1-1602008086818.png

Thanks,
Jishnu

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

This is not a NPrinting issue. It seems like your user is not a domain user. On your screenshot you can see that the "Domain Account" attribute is not recognised as domain user - maybe you have misspelled it there or have a space at the end?

1.png

When you say that you have created such user - do you mean you created it in Active Directory? Since we are talking about domain here we do not consider locally created users as "domain" users.

Judging by the name of your "domain" dtacnetworkdev I am assuming that you are trying to use NPrinting server hostname as domain attribute which to be honest is not supported. Is really dtacnetworkdev your domain or simply NPrinting server name?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
JishnuGS
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

dtacnetworkdev is my server domain where we installed the Nprinting and the user(Biadm) which we are able to login is also from same domain, but for the user which i have created seems to be from different domain. 

So that's why i'm getting the error and not able to login via Windows login ????

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI @JishnuGS 

so I think  you are confusing HOSTNAME with DOMAIN and LOCAL accounts with DOMAIN accounts.

Domain accounts are stored at a central location on the network, in most cases for a Windows network, on the Active Directory Domain Controller. - is this how you create your users?

Local accounts are stored individually on each computer, whether that be a laptop, desktop or server.

The advantage of the domain account is if you change it once, it’s been changed everyplace you’ll use it. So if for instance your login should work on 3 servers and 2 desktops, you’d have to change the password 5 times if it’s a local account, vs once on a domain account.

Check NPrinting requirements on https://help.qlik.com , there you will see that you need to have domain accounts created for your NPrinting engine service, otherwise you will be running not supported configuration which will cause issues.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Windows Login is explained at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Authentic....

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.