Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

Announcements
Qlik Analytics Tour 2020 Online. Begins August 10th. Register Today
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

Nprinting adds link to temp file in excel formula

I created an Excel report containing a page for every dimension.

The last sheet contains the data retrieved form a qlik app

In the excel template I use a formula like :

=sumif(data!D:D;C9;E:E)

When previewing the results, or when I run this report in a task, the formula's in the report are changed to :

=SUMIF('C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Temp\f1cea6a6c8044804b3fbc2233270d175\[20180314030001.xlsx]Data'!B:B;C8;'C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Temp\f1cea6a6c8044804b3fbc2233270d175\[20180314030001.xlsx]Data'!D:D)

When I use the same formula without the "page-level-indicator" formulas are calculated correctly

How to solve this ?

We are using Nprinting 17.6.0000.0

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Re: Nprinting adds link to temp file in excel formula

Thanks @jaimeaguilar ! I'd been using an Excel 'data table', which wasn't working, and I hadn't thought of changing that to a plain old named range. 

The named range worked perfectly for me. 

@curiousfellow if you're able to get the same result, it'd be great to mark Jaime's answer as correct. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

I'm getting the same problem currently, using NPrinting April 2018 (18.9.5).

(We realize we need to upgrade to the latest version; mentioning here in case it prompts any updates or insight!)
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Hi, 

you need to use named ranges, so they don't get replaced by temp file references. I include a link where you can check how to use named ranges in Excel:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/define-and-use-names-in-formulas-4d0f13ac-53b7-422e-afd2-ab...

regards

Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks @jaimeaguilar ! I'd been using an Excel 'data table', which wasn't working, and I hadn't thought of changing that to a plain old named range. 

The named range worked perfectly for me. 

@curiousfellow if you're able to get the same result, it'd be great to mark Jaime's answer as correct. 

View solution in original post